does TPS help much?

does the TPS on the newer 2 strokes make the bike run much better or is there a big difference in performance? i know honda used the TPS for timing and maybe the Power Jet on the 97-98 cr 250, then the ditched the tps on the 99-00, then in 01 or 02 they went back to it, i know the 02 had it for the RC valve and maybe some timing changes but im not sure if the 01 had it at all.

So my question is, does TPS give much of a performance advantage?

if im right the tps only increases throttle response by advanceing the timing a touch? correct me if im wrong

It varies from bike model to model. TPS does change ignition timing. One race bikes, it optimizes it for max HP while enabling the bike to still idle (Too much advance at slow engine speeds cause stalls) and it can be used to vary timing to somewhat smooth power delivery. On trail bikes it is often used to retard timing to clean emissions.

TPS works in conjunction with RPM to determine if the engine is accelerating, coasting or decelerating and can adjust timing for each.

Remember, we are using the new cover sheets on our tps reports from now on. Didn't you get the memo?

Remember, we are using the new cover sheets on our tps reports from now on. Didn't you get the memo?

Umm, yeeaaahhhh, going to need you to come into work on saturday.......

TPS controls the power jet on the carb. It supplies fuel from 1/4 throttle-8500 on my YZ. It gives on more tuning options for your fuel curve without changing needle tapers.

I'm not too sure it changes timing like on four strokes.