Sign in to follow this  

how to make an 09 kx-f turn?

hey fella's, i'm looking at buying an 09 kx, but having ridden a few stock ones i know they're no jack rabbit, what mods cna be made to help the turning? i plan to ride it offroad, i was thinking a set of offset head stem bearings to steepen the fork angle abit? and if that doesnt work a set of triple clamps (20 or 22mm)?

On the bikes you sat on and rode, at what height were the fork caps above the clamps, and how much rider sag? Also, did you play with the damper adjustments at all? All those things make a massive difference. 22mm triples will also help a bit. Pitty 22s are not standard.

On the bikes you sat on and rode, at what height were the fork caps above the clamps, and how much rider sag? Also, did you play with the damper adjustments at all? All those things make a massive difference. 22mm triples will also help a bit. Pitty 22s are not standard.

sag set to about 102mm, forks around 8mm up in the clamps from the top mark, didnt play with the clickers at all though, owner of the particular bike's the same weight as me

Tires have to match the dirt. Tire pressure has to be in the ball park too. I've found that a change in front tire can require a small change in sag to get the same response on turn in. If the clickers are out too much either then it wont turn. Especially the fork rebound. But they all have an effect.

I know my friend went to 110width tires in the rear and it seemed to turn a bit easier. Just another suggestion to the ones already mentioned.

i put on a OEM 2010 link arm on my 09 (same as procircuit,half of price) and made big differerce to me, way less squating out of corners and lil lower seat height