WR450F or FE450

hey guys i want to buy a new enduro bike soon and get it registered etc etc. i want to know out of the 2 bikes listed above which i should buy, based on

• reliability,
  • power (THAT WHICH IS CLOSEST TO A MX'er),
  • ergonomics,
  • level of difficulty of maintenance,
  • and parts availability.

im guessing that more people going to say the Yamaha is better but thats because its a more mainstream brand. thanks for inputs guys.

PS, I HAVE ALSO CONSIDERED THE FE570.

any relevant info which you think i should know and/consider when making a purchase i would appreciate thanks.

The FE is better in everyway shape and form, not to say the WR is not good but sheesh it's not seen any updates since '07. The FE is super cutting edge and it's a fantastic piece on engineering, those bikes just rip!!

Until the fuel pump get dislodged from it's mount inside the gas tank and you have to push the bike home. If you go to Baja and see a tour company with 15 bikes. They are on WR450s because you know they will get you there is fine style. The Husabergs are great bikes and well made. And I understand there are some deals on them right now. But if you uncork the WR do the GYTR block off kit, they sure ride nice, have tons of power, handle great and are ROCK SOLID reliable.

I've demo'd the 390, but it didn't feel very racy or have an mx feel to me but still a good motor. So I would only assume the 450 is similar. It turns different compared to your average bike. There are some amazing deals on them right now though, almost kind of hard to pass up.

yer amazing deals in america, not australia lol

It depends on the difference in cost in Australia...and your bank account, I suppose. The WRs are excellent bikes, very reliable bikes...I own a WR. I know a couple of guys who own Husabergs and love them..

I have no experience with a WR, so I can't make a comparison. But I picked up a 2010 FE450 and absolutely love it. I was nervous moving from a 250 to a 450, but the FI gives such smooth power delivery it hasn't been an issue. The 70 degree motor really does change the handling and feel of the bike. It feels just as light weight on the trail as my 250. It is heavier to pick up with the higher center of gravity, but while riding it is a joy. It is easy to handle in the tight and technical stuff, but not as stable for high speed straight riding - so it probably depends on the type of riding you do most of the time whether the FE fits your needs or not.

There are some risks with a FI bike, but for me the benefits far outweigh the risks. Most of the failure modes are pretty well documented now on KTMtalk and Husaberg.org, and there are excellent preventative maintenance tips published. I installed the aftermarket fuel pump filter and haven't had a single hiccup on my bike so far. It fires right up even when air temps are below freezing.

mmmmmm it would be a hard decision

Well for more confusion...

The WR hands down for reliability.

The Husaberg hands down for performance.

Whats Husabergs parts availability like there? Another factor to consider.

This is from someone that owns a WR450 and owned a FE501 in the past.

I'd pick based on local aftermarket parts and dealer support or the price of parts + shipping if nothing is avail locally.

I'd pick based on local aftermarket parts and dealer support or the price of parts + shipping if nothing is avail locally.

+1 :smirk: It's sucks having a bike you can't find upgrade parts for.

it going to be easier to find parts for any jap bikes in wollongong like yamaha, honda, kawasaki, suzuki

i havent seen much husaberg shops in Gong, probaly most up sydney. and it will probaly be much easier finding yamaha parts on the net too. i reckon it will be hard even finding a husaberg in Nsw

have a look at the crf450x aswell, but id choose the wr450f over the husaberg because its Yamaha

haha daniel GET OF MY THREAD!! lol yer i know man did u know theres a husaberg and ktm shop near the hospital in town? in one of the off streets

I chose the FE 450 this year and love it. Its pure pleasure to ride. Parts are not an issue and with the few preventive maintenance items that are very well documented, the bike is very reliable. I love the power delivery and handling. I have had yamahas and have had good success. I just wanted something not so mainstream and I am glad I did. You really need to figure out the kind of riding you want to do. For Enduro riding the Berg would be my choice hands down.

I chose the FE 450 this year and love it. Its pure pleasure to ride. Parts are not an issue and with the few preventive maintenance items that are very well documented, the bike is very reliable. I love the power delivery and handling. I have had yamahas and have had good success. I just wanted something not so mainstream and I am glad I did. You really need to figure out the kind of riding you want to do. For Enduro riding the Berg would be my choice hands down.

yer probably be used for more of an urban dirt bike if u no wat i mean lol, eg...riding up/down stairs and off gutters, things that a car and supersports bikes cant do u know what i mean?

haha daniel GET OF MY THREAD!! lol yer i know man did u know theres a husaberg and ktm shop near the hospital in town? in one of the off streets

nah lol, never seen a moto shop next to wollongong hospital.