Complete Rebuild What Should I RTV?

I'm doing a complete rebuild and using what come to find out is cheaper than OEM gasket set Athena. Anyways I have no money left for OEM stuff so I was curious if I should use RTV in addition to the gasket anywhere? It's on a YZ250!

why bother with gaskets. couple tubes rtv is far cheaper. money saved can be used for beer

there is really nothing to use silicone on. I could have used a tiny dab where the powervalve linkage cover meets the block...there was a tiny spot that was questionable. that aside, the whole engine sans the case seam is gasketed or o-ringed.

Use yamabond or permatex moto on the center cases. Nothing should really get RTV, Sometimes i'll use the high temp RTV on the exaust pipe conection.

why bother with gaskets. couple tubes rtv is far cheaper. money saved can be used for beer

Some engines need gaskets for the separation, lacking 0.5mm can result make the engine stop.

If I interpret your post right your assuming that OEM gaskets are better than the Athena gasket kit you bought so you think it might need additional sealant to work? Thats not really the case OEM is usually not better than aftermarket. As long as the gaskets are cut correctly they should work fine. The only place to use sealant is on the case halves and use yamabond 4 or similar not RTV. If you do have a gasket issue its better to wait until you can pick up the correct gasket than to use a shortcut.