2010 crf450 shock comp. adjuster stacks

this is what mxa said about 010,

(4) Kayaba shock. The rear shock gets the most work of any part of the 2010 model. The shock piston and high-speed compression adjuster have been redesigned, while the valving has been changed to make the shock more supple. The 2010 shock is more willing to move through small bumps, but still maintains excellent bottoming resistance.

I see the stack is the same in stiffness but less in stack height , Im thinking this maybe to do with a different strength hs spring which maybe a different length?

I see the stack is the same in stiffness but less in stack height , Im thinking this maybe to do with a different strength hs spring which maybe a different length?

Markus.

i cannot see any different in the heigth.

the springseat works on the 11mm shims so only the 11+16+18 plays a rule.

?

• 2 years later...

Does anyone have the stock compression adjuster shim stack for the 2007 CRF450R?

I have found 2006 from valvinglogic.com

18.3   2

15.3   2

10.3   2

9.2  2

Edited by babilon

I found 2006 from valvinglogic.com

18.3   2

15.3   2

10.3   2

9.2  2

спасибо! Thanks! Seems the same as my 2007. I'm asking because I bought shock second hand and I suspected that previous owner tampered with compression adjuster. Does any one know sizes of piston ports of this adjuster by chance? Mine seems to have 6x2mm + 2.5mm central bleed port but I'm not sure if they are stock or were drilled..

Your shock can explode, when the cadj. is significantly softer than the main piston valving.  (Not a joke).

Doesn't cadj piston port diameter restriction protect against cavitation? Such shock would be very soft on low speed but during high speed shaft movement, cadj piston ports would restrict oil flow and main piston shims would open?

Another question: when you open CRF cadj HS adjuster (full counterclockwise), should adjuster spring become loose (so it rattles when adjuster is shaken)? Because that's what happening with mine and I'm not sure whether it's normal.