Revalveing a SM

Anyone use racetech to revalve their DRZ400sm.

Was it worth it?

I bought a new spring from Epic to match my weight and was wondering if it is worth it to revalve it?

Don't really want to ship my forks. it's an 09.

TIA

E

I had the forks of my '10 SM reworked (not racetech but local in aus) and found the difference was amazing.

The rear of my SM was sprung correctly for my weight with the stock (rated 90kg) spring and setting the sag and using the clickers gave me a good setup for the rear.

I considered revalving the rear showa as well but that can wait. The front always seemed to dive excessively and had no 'feel', but now, wow! I can really notice the improvement.

I fully recommend it, and you could do more searching on the TT suspension forum to gather more info too. I bought the racetech 'bible'. It's great.

I can't tell you about the SM, but I did the RaceTech revalving (compression and rebound) myself on both of my R1's (one street, one race) and the difference was night and day in terms of handling, feel and control.

Be advised tho, that to do the work yourself is a bit involved and you need some special tools to get it done. There's a potential for massive failure in there, but if you have the tools, time, and basic skills you can get it done.

I've done gold valves on previous bikes but they have a new one out called G2-R GOLD VALVE KIT for SUPERMOTO

I was wondering if this is what I need?

E

I've done gold valves on previous bikes but they have a new one out called G2-R GOLD VALVE KIT for SUPERMOTO

I was wondering if this is what I need?

E

Hmm....you got me. I've got G2R's in both my R1's and I love them if that counts for anything.

I wonder if the valve for the SM is different or just the shim stack? I might have to look into it for my DRZ......

i also want to redo my front suspension especially since i will be riding with a 470 real soon.