03 crf450r clutch cover

i have a small hole on my clutch cover from one of the studs on my brake pedal. is there any way to fix it? or do i just get another? incase you wanted to know what happened, i was riding across a wet wooden bridge and dumped it. then fell. my brake pedal poked a hole in my clutch cover.

JB weld!!

clean the area good (lay bike on side or drain oil), mix up the 2 part epoxy JB Weld, Apply a reasonable amount on there, smooth out but leave a few mm thick with puddy knife or somethin smooth, let dry over night. We have repaired roadrace crankcase covers at the track this way after a crash and the pavement wears through.. And have a radiator repaired for over 5 years and hundreds of hours on my 04crf450 with JB weld. Every racer/rider should have some in the tool box..

JB weld!!

clean the area good (lay bike on side or drain oil), mix up the 2 part epoxy JB Weld, Apply a reasonable amount on there, smooth out but leave a few mm thick with puddy knife or somethin smooth, let dry over night. We have repaired roadrace crankcase covers at the track this way after a crash and the pavement wears through.. And have a radiator repaired for over 5 years and hundreds of hours on my 04crf450 with JB weld. Every racer/rider should have some in the tool box..

on the outside or inside?

on the outside or inside?

lol.. sorry. outside, may want to take the cover off if it's a decent hole, just to make sure you don't push a big glob into the clutch area. Clean with brake clean, sand the area a bit, spray cleaner again.. mix up jbweld.. go at it. Smooth it out and it will look pretty good.

lol.. sorry. outside, may want to take the cover off if it's a decent hole, just to make sure you don't push a big glob into the clutch area. Clean with brake clean, sand the area a bit, spray cleaner again.. mix up jbweld.. go at it. Smooth it out and it will look pretty good.

its a nice sized hole in my opinion. I.E. you couldnt fit a little bb in it. from like a bb gun. its just a tad to small. but jb weld will let the cover hold oil and keep heat?

its a nice sized hole in my opinion. I.E. you couldnt fit a little bb in it. from like a bb gun. its just a tad to small. but jb weld will let the cover hold oil and keep heat?

pictures would be nice but just go get some. Read the lable. JB weld is pretty much metal once dried. Heat? no worries. it's used on big v-8 engine blocks. a b-b sized hole would be nothing. We used it on holes bigger than that, have enven laid down wire mesh to give it more to bond to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J-B_Weld

pictures would be nice but just go get some. Read the lable. JB weld is pretty much metal once dried. Heat? no worries. it's used on big v-8 engine blocks. a b-b sized hole would be nothing. We used it on holes bigger than that, have enven laid down wire mesh to give it more to bond to.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J-B_Weld

ok thanks alot man, ill try it when i get home and let you know how it went tomorrow!!:smirk:

Have a clutch cover on now that has JB weld on it. Have a new one to put on, but heck its working so good figure I'll just keep it for when I need it. Stays in the truck with the oil and seal. Go figure...