Sign in to follow this  

triple clamps & head-shake

How tight should the triple clamps be? Mine had practically no resistance side to w/o and play in the bearings. I was told this is way too loose and they were tightened down, really really tight. Now there is noticeable resistance. Which way is correct? I noticed more head-shake trail riding but less on the track. I am thinking I should add a scotts or GPR or something.

Bike is an '02 250sx.

p.s. I am in need of a complete spare rear rim to mount my sand tire. PM me if you have one!!!

How tight should the triple clamps be? Mine had practically no resistance side to w/o and play in the bearings. I was told this is way too loose and they were tightened down, really really tight. Now there is noticeable resistance. Which way is correct? I noticed more head-shake trail riding but less on the track. I am thinking I should add a scotts or GPR or something.

Bike is an '02 250sx.

p.s. I am in need of a complete spare rear rim to mount my sand tire. PM me if you have one!!!

TC nut should be snug, but not tight enough to cause resistance in them. may be able to adjust sag to take care of the headshake.

yes sag first,then soften comp on forks then soften rebound. headshake comes from defleckting of of the comp then not reboundin fast enough

Thanks guys. I had to just fix the sag problem. I had the preload adjusted to turns out from all the way in (clockwise) and found in my manual its 2 turns in from full out. Duh. We also took a few clicks out of the rebound to help the bike follow the terrain better and stop slap wheeling.