Sign in to follow this  

05 to 06 yz250 improvments?

What are the improvements made to the 06 and latter yz250's compared to the 05? How much better are the newest 250's compared to the 05 and would it be worth it to sell my 05 to get the latter generation YZ? If not how could i make my 05 like the latter gen YZ's?

About the only mod worth mentioning in my opinion is the SSS suspension. Get yours revalved and sprung or swap out the forks and your 05 will be just as good. I weigh 230 before gear and race MX so the suspension mods were a must regaurdless of how well the stock suspension performed. After the revalve and spring swap my 08 is no better than my 03 other than the alum frame.

just my .02

About the only mod worth mentioning in my opinion is the SSS suspension. Get yours revalved and sprung or swap out the forks and your 05 will be just as good. I weigh 230 before gear and race MX so the suspension mods were a must regaurdless of how well the stock suspension performed. After the revalve and spring swap my 08 is no better than my 03 other than the alum frame.

just my .02

:smirk::thumbsup::smirk:

Want to know something funny!?>

I recently worked on a set of of PC A kit forks that were said to be unobtanium.

They were via a current factory 450 class rider...so the "credibility" is there...

And ironically they were damn near identical to 05 yamaha forks. Small base valve, same spring design and bottoming cone design, same mid valve design etc etc etc.

Only difference being they had pretty coatings and larger 49mm fork tubes.

I was never a big believer in the 05 forks - and frankly the kit forks I speak off were nothing impressive on the track either...

Moral: I think the 06 and up suspension, forks especially, are much better for most people from multiple angles. The rest of the bike is the same.