Sign in to follow this  

Best performance upgrades for my 2006?

hows it goin everyone, i dont even know where to start lol, ive had so preety bad luck with my 06 recently and me and my dad went through the entire engine (new tranny components, new crank, all bearings, top end, cam chain, head, etc) not gonna go into to much detail.

but anyways i need some ideas to get some better performance out of my bike. i keep blowing up engines so i need some ideas to get some HP gains. We have all OEM engine parts, i went with the stock compression piston cause i liked it better then the higher compresion piston. but every things stock. stock dual pipes, i have a FMF powerbomb header, stock gearing.

i was thinking some head porting or polishing, maybe a aftermarket cam, maybe try some new sprocket sizes. But i dont want to compromise reliability.

Thanks guys let me know about your opinions! im 185 pounds, i ride mostly track. ive already gone through all my supsension, i also got the newer 08 tripple clamps with the steering dampner too :smirk: so im ready to get my bike dialed in. thanks again!

if i go with an aftermarket cam like the stage 2 hotcam, would i have to get stiffer valve springs? what if i went to an 08/09 cam? could i use the stock 06 springs? and you think i should just get the ports polished with no porting? also could i see hp increases with an aftermarket muffler? i kinda like the look and sounds of the duals

ok forsure, i think im gonna go with a hot cams stage 2. whats your thoughts on porting and mufflers??

and so could i basically bolt on the aftermarket cam?

hows it goin everyone, i dont even know where to start lol, ive had so preety bad luck with my 06 recently and me and my dad went through the entire engine (new tranny components, new crank, all bearings, top end, cam chain, head, etc) not gonna go into to much detail.

but anyways i need some ideas to get some better performance out of my bike. i keep blowing up engines so i need some ideas to get some HP gains. We have all OEM engine parts, i went with the stock compression piston cause i liked it better then the higher compresion piston. but every things stock. stock dual pipes, i have a FMF powerbomb header, stock gearing.

i was thinking some head porting or polishing, maybe a aftermarket cam, maybe try some new sprocket sizes. But i dont want to compromise reliability.

Thanks guys let me know about your opinions! im 185 pounds, i ride mostly track. ive already gone through all my supsension, i also got the newer 08 tripple clamps with the steering dampner too :smirk: so im ready to get my bike dialed in. thanks again!

Shift or get a 450.

Shift or get a 450.

dam, thanks for the help would of never guessed