Sign in to follow this  

Best 450X? and Why

It's time to hand my old 05 down to my son. My questions is what is the best 450x available today? Most the shops in So. Cal have 09-11's on the show room floor but which one is the best....and I know that they haven't changed in years but I still hear about different offset clamps and some other changes.

Thanks.

RAKsandiego

Thanks Krannie! I think I'll go with the O9 just so I have the upgraded plastics "White rear fender"

Do they have any issues like the O5 tranny did?

RAKsandiego

It's time to hand my old 05 down to my son. My questions is what is the best 450x available today? Most the shops in So. Cal have 09-11's on the show room floor but which one is the best....and I know that they haven't changed in years but I still hear about different offset clamps and some other changes.

Thanks.

RAKsandiego

Krannie is right on with the updates, but I don't think the HSPD does much. I have ridden the 05-07's and 08+ (like mine) and I don't notice any dampening. They do turn better tho. I know the HSPD is supposed to feel non-existent at low speed and only save your a$$ at high speed But I still ditched it for a GPR. The 08+ have a puny 1.9 gallon tank also. SO... with that said, just find the best deal that you can on a 07+ X and change it to fit you and your riding style. I am a 2t guy mainly but I have to give credit where credit is due and that is the CRF450X. You cannot go wrong with any year IMO.