Stock Exhaust and SS Headpipe

hi everyone-

i'm getting a little frustrated with the titanium header on my '07. i've smashed it 3 times, and replaced it once. this last saturday i smashed it up pretty good.

i called MRD, and they no longer make a stainless steel replacement for the stocker. they only do full systems.

i'm going to call pro circuit and fmf. i don't want a full system, just a replacement for the stock header. do any of you guys have a stainless steel header and stock silencer? i want to keep the stock can because i have my pmb endcap and screen on it.

thanks!

i have an extra stock header and silencer.

hey faxon-

thanks. i'll definitely keep you in mind if i can't find a stainless replacement. these titanium headers are starting to drive me crazy.

anyone know of a ss replacement for the stock header?

Edited by kskyles
edit

Im running the FMF powerbomb in SS. With the stock can. I like it!! Was cheaper than the stock one. Has taken a few hits and fall overs unscathed so far!! LOL. I dont like the fact that there is no heat sheild and it burns my over the boot pants though!

Im running the FMF powerbomb in SS. With the stock can. I like it!! Was cheaper than the stock one. Has taken a few hits and fall overs unscathed so far!! LOL. I dont like the fact that there is no heat sheild and it burns my over the boot pants though!

this is good to know! thanks for the reply. sounds like i'll have to save some money for pants repair :smirk:

FMF sells a heat sheild for their pipes, its cheap

whats better SS or Titanium?

not sure which one is "better".

i keep smashing the thin titanium header, and would like a sturdier one. for me, that would be better.

FMF sells a heat sheild for their pipes, its cheap

Item ID: 040231

FMF STAINLESS HEADER HEAT SHIELD (UNIVERSAL)

Base Price: $34.99

Glad this thread started as I never knew FMF had a heat shield. Thanks.

there's 90 dollar carbon fiber shields on ebay... look pretty sick to me.. not sure how they hold up though

Go with the stainless for price and durability! Thanks for the Heat sheild heads up!!