Sign in to follow this  

08 RMZ 250 - 380ml of fork oil - hard forks!!

guys, just got this bike, had the fork seals done and my mechanic put 380 mls into each one. Know I know these bikes are famous for having super soft front suspension, so why is mine locking out on the front and feelining really hard.

although the bike looks very much standard, Its possible the previous owner may have uprated the front forks. My mechanic says he noticed some notches or grooves in the springs when he did the fork seals last week, but hes not sure if these are indicating aftermarket spring rates or whether or not these come on stock springs. Anyway, the mechanic suggests i take some oil out of each one, starting at 50ml, and then adding it back if they feel too soft.

Does anyone have a manual or, know the tolerences? ie... what the limits are to how little / much oil you can use?

If I take 50ml oil out, that means ill be running 330ml in each one, is that ok?

guys, just got this bike, had the fork seals done and my mechanic put 380 mls into each one. Know I know these bikes are famous for having super soft front suspension, so why is mine locking out on the front and feelining really hard.

although the bike looks very much standard, Its possible the previous owner may have uprated the front forks. My mechanic says he noticed some notches or grooves in the springs when he did the fork seals last week, but hes not sure if these are indicating aftermarket spring rates or whether or not these come on stock springs. Anyway, the mechanic suggests i take some oil out of each one, starting at 50ml, and then adding it back if they feel too soft.

Does anyone have a manual or, know the tolerences? ie... what the limits are to how little / much oil you can use?

If I take 50ml oil out, that means ill be running 330ml in each one, is that ok?

350cc is your best bet, then add back as you need.

perhaps ill try 325cc in mne too then. Are your springs standard or heavier? Do you know the lowest amount of oil you can safely run....

on my kxf showa forks 350cc is my sweet spot, i wt 160lbs without gear top b moving up to a

I'm pretty sure my springs are standard, but I'm the 3rd owner. I personally wouldn't go below 300cc.