Sign in to follow this  

Handlebar ID?

I'm trying to figure out what handlebars are on my DRZ-e. There arent any etched markings and all the painted ones have worn off. They are aftermarket, 1 1/8, and metallic gold. That's about all I know as I'm the 3rd owner and the previous owner has no idea either. I like the bars so I'd like to know what they are so I can buy the right handguard mounts. I can provide pics later, but I doubt they'll be of much help. From what I've gathered, the difference in mounting hardware between Pro-Taper and say, Magura, is that the inside diameter of the bar ends is different or maybe the thickness of the metal. Any ideas?

Edited by texthump

The Protapers that I have seen have the bar info stamped in the clutch side under where the grip mounts. If they have been trimmed down narrower some of it may be missing...

Thanks ROMAD. I did check under the grip and saw two series of numbers. 99142 and 3239025. Sound familiar to anyone?

........From what I've gathered, the difference in mounting hardware between Pro-Taper and say, Magura, is that the inside diameter of the bar ends is different or maybe the thickness of the metal. Any ideas?

I just installed Cycra Probend hand guards a few weeks back. The package included two different size of inserts that go in the end of the bars. I ended up using the smaller ones on my Pro Taper fat bars. I can't imagine they wouldn't fit any bar out there. If you are installing Cycra on the DRZ I highly recommend the side triple clamp mounts as they made the install very easy.