Sign in to follow this  

Chirping sound???

My bike is making a "chirping" sound that seems to be coming from the front of the motor. I hear it with just a little throttle over idle and it increases with more throttle but then the noise of the muffler drowns it out.

Any ideas??

The chirping is normal. My bike occasionally chirps when twisting the throttle and almosts sounds like a bird. :smirk: I believe the sound comes from the accelerator pump.

CHIRP! SQUEEEEEAL!

That sound comes from the carb, specifically the 'Vacuum Slide Plate', and means it is working correctly. There is a little hole on the front of the slide plate to equalize pressure, and it acts like a whistle.

Thnx guys, I was expecting the worst being a used bike that ive just recently purchased.

Oh, did I forget to mention? It's just like a V1: makes noise, goes silent then............BOOM.

:smirk:

Normal but definitely the unique sound of a CRF. Does anyone know why early CRFs didn't make that noise? And what about other bikes with FCR carbs; why don't they make that sound?

Normal but definitely the unique sound of a CRF. Does anyone know why early CRFs didn't make that noise? And what about other bikes with FCR carbs; why don't they make that sound?

My KX does it. You can't hear it over the stock pipe though...