Car or Bike?

Hard to go wrong with a Toyota pickup if you're looking at compacts (heck...even full size). I prefer full size trucks, but that's because I have a family and a camper to pull!

Yes, they're a good truck and hold value pretty well. Get one with the 22R (4 cyl) motor. Almost as much hp as the V6, with better gas mileage and longer life. You should be able to get a decent 2wd version for around $2K. You'll have another 1K left to buy a project YZ 250 and learn to do some wrenching.?

Yes, they're a good truck and hold value pretty well. Get one with the 22R (4 cyl) motor. Almost as much hp as the V6, with better gas mileage and longer life. You should be able to get a decent 2wd version for around $2K. You'll have another 1K left to buy a project YZ 250 and learn to do some wrenching.?

I also have the 22r, nowhere close to the v6:lol:??, it makes like 100hp hahaha

i was in a similar situation but i got a 95 camry with a bad motor for 500, then a used motor for 800, after a water pump, oil pump and belts i have about 1500 into the car. Which is great beacause its worth nearly twice what i have into it especially with the gas prices the way they are. I had thought about getting a truck but everyone i know that gets a truck as a teen drops every dollar they make on it. I want to spend my money on bikes and just want a low maintence car thats good on gas. Insurance is about 1100 a year so thats about 600 saved already compared to insurance costs of a truck, plus i get 450 miles per tank of gas and costs $45 to fill up. Compared to my dads 2000 silverado that costs $100 to fill and goes about 400 miles on a tank of gas. I can use my dads truck whenever i want to haul my bike otherwise i would get a truck, so your situation may be different but dont just get a truck just to drive around not using it for its purpose, because the little things like gas and insurance add up fast.

i was in a similar situation but i got a 95 camry with a bad motor for 500, then a used motor for 800, after a water pump, oil pump and belts i have about 1500 into the car. Which is great beacause its worth nearly twice what i have into it especially with the gas prices the way they are. I had thought about getting a truck but everyone i know that gets a truck as a teen drops every dollar they make on it. I want to spend my money on bikes and just want a low maintence car thats good on gas. Insurance is about 1100 a year so thats about 600 saved already compared to insurance costs of a truck, plus i get 450 miles per tank of gas and costs $45 to fill up. Compared to my dads 2000 silverado that costs $100 to fill and goes about 400 miles on a tank of gas. I can use my dads truck whenever i want to haul my bike otherwise i would get a truck, so your situation may be different but dont just get a truck just to drive around not using it for its purpose, because the little things like gas and insurance add up fast.

Yea I don't have a truck or anything but I do have a mini van. I think I'll get a hitch and trailer for that and then buy some cheap car for myself. Then spend the real money on a 2006 yz250.

Quick question: When is the best time to buy one of these bikes? I would assume winter time but just wondering.

Yea I don't have a truck or anything but I do have a mini van. I think I'll get a hitch and trailer for that and then buy some cheap car for myself. Then spend the real money on a 2006 yz250.

Quick question: When is the best time to buy one of these bikes? I would assume winter time but just wondering.

buy in winter, sell in spring