EFI kit for the older bikes

My son-in-law rides an 09 kx450 and we want to move him to a 250. We really like the suspension we had done for the bike, so we were thinking parting the 09 so we could keep the forks and shock for the 250. I was thinking that we could sell all of the electrical with the tank and pump so that it would be a complete fuel injection kit, but I noticed that there is a sensor on the cylinder on this bike. Does that mean that the cylinder would have to be changed to upgrade to fuel injection?

What do you mean exactley by "upgrading" to fuel injection?

As in taking the fuel injection system on the 450 and putting it on the 250?.......

I was thinking it might be possible to use the parts to make a 2008 or 2007 fuel injected?

I was thinking it might be possible to use the parts to make a 2008 or 2007 fuel injected?

I don't think that will work

That would be sweet But it's probably easier and cheaper to buy another bike

EFI systems are not 'universal'. The system is built and designed to work with a specific motor. Even the Throttle bodies are different from bike to bike.

EFI systems are not 'universal'. The system is built and designed to work with a specific motor. Even the Throttle bodies are different from bike to bike.

What I was thinking is that it would just be for a kx450 and we would just use the whole electrical and throttle body along with the tank and pump. Would that still not work?

Edited by davecampbell
What is was thinking is that it would just be for a kx450 and we would just use the whole electrical and throttle body along with the tank and pump. Would that still not work?

Why on earth would you not just buy a FI 250 if that is what you want?

Unless you want to custom create the manifold, air boot, air box boot, Throttle cables, ECU mapping, fuel metering, fuel pump electrical system, re-wound stator for pump capacitor, etc, etc, etc.

Why on earth would you not just buy a FI 250 if that is what you want?

Unless you want to custom create the manifold, air boot, air box boot, Throttle cables, ECU mapping, fuel metering, fuel pump electrical system, re-wound stator for pump capacitor, etc, etc, etc.

I think I didn't explain myself well. I am looking for a way to sell off the kx450 in pieces because it isn't selling whole and we could keep the shock and forks since we put a lot of money out to have them re-valved and they are working real good for him. I thought there might be a market for the fuel injection system if i could put together a package that was everything needed to convert a bike. I wan't trying to graft it onto a 250 or anything just to put ALL of the parts together that it would take to do an 08 kx450 . manifold air boot stator etc.

I think I didn't explain myself well. I am looking for a way to sell off the kx450 in pieces because it isn't selling whole and we could keep the shock and forks since we put a lot of money out to have them re-valved and they are working real good for him. I thought there might be a market for the fuel injection system if i could put together a package that was everything needed to convert a bike. I wan't trying to graft it onto a 250 or anything just to put ALL of the parts together that it would take to do an 08 kx450 . manifold air boot stator etc.

But it's still the same issue for someone who would buy it. Out of curiosity. How much for the bike minus the shock/forks?

But it's still the same issue for someone who would buy it.

Even if they had an 08 kx450? I was trying to make a bolt on kit for the buyer.

How much for the bike minus the shock/forks?

$2800

Even if they had an 08 kx450? I was trying to make a bolt on kit for the buyer.

$2800

Where do you live

Where do you live

Oklahoma

Oklahoma

Guess I could have seen that by your name. Be a deal if you weren't

2,307 miles away

Which is the beauty of selling the pieces, I can parcel post them anywhere I need to.

Which is the beauty of selling the pieces, I can parcel post them anywhere I need to.

It would suck to sell a few pieces, and then be stuck with a partial bike. I'd try and sell it as a whole. Figure out a way to get it to the east coast, at that price. It wouldn't last 48 hours.

I can crate it and ship whole for about $400-$500 and I could split it up and ship everything except the plastic and forks/shock for about $200 as far as Maine but it gets crazy money to go across into Canada!