Honda parts - anyone concerned?

With everything going 4-stroke...how long do you guys think Honda will keep supporting the 2-strokes as far as parts goes?

When I am in the market for bikes again I will be looking at the 2000-2007 year model CR250's...but am concerned Honda will stop supporting them thanks to lame 4-strokes.

Anyone in the know?

2 strokes are becomming more and more popular esp. among woods riders. The aftermarket support for 2 strokes of any brand is simply AMAZING. I very highly doubt youll ever have any issues what so ever unless your one of the people who wont put anything but OEM parts on their bike. If thats the case Im not so sure. I dont own a honda so I couldnt tell ya.

Thats what I mean- OEM parts.

I used to use aftermarket parts all of the time, I have no problems with that, but some parts are OEM only, like the RC valve components, cases.

I know you can get aftermarket rods/cranks/pistons but some stuff is OEM only.

Rumor I saw in on of the bike rags that Honda was looking at a woods 2-smoker I think.I have a 2002 CR250R and haven't heard at the local shop that parts will be a problem fo a long time.

Philip

Some of the parts on the newer model CRF's fit the CR250's

For example , I have a 2010 CRF250 and a 2006 CR250 and the swingarm seals and bearings are the same. Also some of the linkage bearings are the same.

This should help on " parts availablity " for us CR250 owners.

Rumor I saw in on of the bike rags that Honda was looking at a woods 2-smoker I think.I have a 2002 CR250R and haven't heard at the local shop that parts will be a problem fo a long time.

Philip

I think that would be great, but I'm not holding my breath. I think the Japan builders are missing a huge opportunity, the 2t market is growing, not shrinking IMO.

As for keeping my '02 in parts, not worried one bit. I generally use very few OEM parts, what parts aren't covered by aftermarket can be sourced elsewhere (new OEM) or used if Honda can't provide.