Sign in to follow this  

Any one a chemist?

I thought it would be cool to have colored exhaust.....I have a 4 stroke honda...Red exhaust? I was wondering what I could do to the gas or anything else that would turn the exhaust red without being bad for the bike, bad to breathe. Anyone know of any safe things to do that would change the color? Thanks!:smirk:

If I were behind you at a race, I'd be pretty pissed about that!

The closest thing I've ever used was cherry additive. I love that stuff.

First, anyone is one word. Lastly, no there is nothing you could do. Buying a rep tip, if available would still be cheaper than treating the tip with anything.

I know whatever the airplane guys use, it is injected into the exhaust manifold; it does not go through the engine.

Yeah that's just oil. The Blue Angels remove the gun up front and replace it with an oil drum and dump oil into the jet stream

Smoke from airplanes is oil injected into the HOT exhaust manifold which then vaporizes and is sent out the exhaust pipe. Kind of hard to do on a motorcycle, and you need to have an entirely separate smoke system for your smoke oil as well as the power system to operate a pump. Also you have to tap into your manifold.

It's possible to do on a motorcycle if you don't care about anyone else behind you, or you just want to add that extra POP to your show bike on the dunes, like when going up TEST HILL. Hell, if Model Airplanes can do it, why not motorcycles?

Mount a small battery powered fog machine under the tail? Haha nah, but i dont think i would be possible unless a considerable amount of money is invested. EVen then.. JUST ROOST

Edited by SiXAXiS

what the , why would want ... never mind this is dumb don't do it .. just buy race fuel and enjoy the smell

How do you make white, black or blue exhaust?

And yeah I'd agree, If the rider in front of me had colored exhaust id be pissed off too. lol. But I maybe would just color it when I'm on my own track at my house. lol.

what the , why would want ... never mind this is dumb don't do it .. just buy race fuel and enjoy the smell

Like I said its a 4 stroke. Its 2 stroke exhaust that smells good. And why wouldn't you think it would be cool to have colored exhaust? Thats like having neons instead of a normal sign.....Its cooler...and...draws attention.

white smoke = burning water/coolant

blue smoke = burning oil

black smoke= way too rich

I dont even know why I'm posting this... You dragged me into this thread with your red smoke screen...

BTW: injection of smoke oil into the pipe like an aircraft will not get you red smoke... Everyone wants colored smoke from their piston power plane, but there doesn't seem to be a reasonable way to do it. Colored smoke comes from jet planes or wingtip canisters (High tech smoke bombs, not exhaust)

@terrobelone...guess you never spelled castor 2 stroke oil...mixed with racegas...Id like to see a thumper that smells like that.