Sign in to follow this  

ctmx 2011

this is a helmet cam video of me riding at rocky hill motocross. the track was about as close to perfect as it gets, not muddy at all and just a few rutted spots. but let me know what you guys think and of course any tips, advice, or critiques are always encouraged.

Pretty good, but I would get on the gas a little earlier in the turns... looks like your coasting too much? I like the side mount angle btw... cool track.

thanks man. ya i try to get on the power as soon as i can for as long as i can. at one point in the video i think an A rider goes past me like im sitting still and makes me look like a fool lol.:smirk:

Yeah that looks like a pretty cool track. I might have to make the trip up there for my first try on a motocross track.

ya, its a pretty good track when its not wet, but as soon as it gets muddy its nothing but trouble lol. i would definatly recommend it for a first motocross track, the owner is really cool and the track is very rider friendlt. meaning most of the jumps are table tops of various sizes and it is wide enough for easy passing.

and ya i am riding an '09 kx450f, and man do i love it.

Edited by simpson110

the track is looking good, I cant wait to get up there this year and test out my go pro as well. i always enjoy riding at rocky hill, whenever its not muddy lol

Ya, it was perfect on saturday, but after thus week of rain I'm sure it will be a different story lol

Rocky Hill mud has claimed one of my collar bones. Be careful in the river mud! Its not like other mud. It bites without warning....

Great vid! Thanks for sharing. I was just there on Thursday and it looks like they changed the back section slightly before the big double. Those conditions do look perfect. It was a dust bowl on Thursday but I'll take that over the muddy conditions.

Figures we're getting all this rain. I just got my GoPro and I'm dying to try it out.

your not kidding about that river mud, it attacks without warning or cause lol. but when i was at the track on mothers day tony had rerouted the track in a few spots because they were under water. other than that the track is pretty much the same as it was last year now. they did add 2 rollers in front of one of the smaller table tops, and thats it i think.

your not kidding about that river mud, it attacks without warning or cause lol. but when i was at the track on mothers day tony had rerouted the track in a few spots because they were under water. other than that the track is pretty much the same as it was last year now. they did add 2 rollers in front of one of the smaller table tops, and thats it i think.

Ahh, that must have been the change. I was there on Mother's day as well! Maybe I'll see you out there... whenever it stops raining.

ya, i want to go again this sunday, but i dont know how the track is going to be. if they are open im sure it will be nothing like saturday.

how different is the layout from last year? i have yet to go this year. that track turns into such a mess when its wet! i remember riding there on days where you were riding one rut the whole track pretty much. shitty!

The track hasn't changed at all really. Just a couple of small rollers last time I went, but so far this year The track has been in pretty good shape. Hopefully ill see you out there one of these weekends

im hoping to make it there sometime this week or next, from the vid doesnt look like it changed too much from last year, which is good i think cause i liked the layout last year.