Got a Basket case & having problems mounting the rear wheel.

I bought an 03 DRZ125 that's a mess...

I was putting the rear wheel on, and it's just not fitting on right...

I don't know if it's the wrong swing arm, the wrong wheel, or just me not knowing anything about it. If you need other pics let me know.

Thanks for the help in advance!

swingarm1.jpg

swingarm2.jpg

I have not seen the stock setup in a long time....but that spacer does not look correct.. it appears to wide. The "tang" on the swing arm is supposed to slide into the slot on the brake drum. It looks like the spacer is to wide, so the swingarm is not reaching the drum. Im sure others who actually have this setup will notice immediately.

Tom

Deffinatily wrong spacers. Ill snap a pic of mine tonight so you can see how its supposed to look.

The hub in your photo doesn't look like an 03 DRZ 125 rear wheel hub. Maybe someone tried to fit a wheel from another bike.

DRZ005.jpg

DRZ004.jpg

Chief is right, that isnt a DRZ hub...

The hub in your photo doesn't look like an 03 DRZ 125 rear wheel hub. Maybe someone tried to fit a wheel from another bike.

Looks like an xr50 chinese knockoff hub/wheel, I've seen as big as 19" wheels mounted on these hubs. As long as the drum and backing plate are a match and the axle diameter and chain alignment are good, I'd run it.

I have the thing shimmed out to where the chain is aligned, but the sprocket bolts snag on the cap on the end of the swing arm, and I can't find flat nut in a M10-1.25

They're all 1.50's... I saw Button bolts online, but I'm at the point where I'm thinking of parting it out.

Looks like an xr50 chinese knockoff hub/wheel, I've seen as big as 19" wheels mounted on these hubs. As long as the drum and backing plate are a match and the axle diameter and chain alignment are good, I'd run it.

Just get a new rear wheel assembly...

I agree, you will be much better off with the correct wheel. You should also consider what else is needed to make the bike rideable and safe. You did mention it was a "basket case" when you got it. Consider what it will cost to make it rideable, I am sure you can find the proper wheel for it.

Levic900rr, still have the ice studs in?

I agree, you will be much better off with the correct wheel. You should also consider what else is needed to make the bike rideable and safe. You did mention it was a "basket case" when you got it. Consider what it will cost to make it rideable, I am sure you can find the proper wheel for it.

Levic900rr, still have the ice studs in?

Chief,

I did in that pic, I spun on some new Starcrosses last weekend for the summer. I am keeping those Pirelli's for ice tires. They work AWESOME and no more sitting in the garage with my drill for 2 hours every fall and spring installing studs.

Once I get my rear end straight with the KX 100 swingarm and wheel I am going to start looking for another complete set of wheels so I can keep one set studded.

Let me know if you run into any problems making the KX swingarm swap, it is still fresh in my mind and I took plenty of pictures along the way. PM me when you start if you need something.

I'm 95% sure that's a TTR125 wheel. You might be able to sell it to a TTR guy for what you need to buy a DRZ wheel.

500XC: thanks for the info! I will do that.

it actually looks like an '07 drz hub/wheel. I saw one today. hth