Sign in to follow this  

Ouch

Broke hand this wkend. Caught fingers on a limb and folded them back, shattering 2 metacarples on lft hand. Damnit. See Surgeon Thursday.

Dwight

Sorry to hear that, was hoping to meet you at the Train Robber this weekend. Hope for a speedy recovery.

Oh man, that sucks. Sorry to hear about that. Heal up fast! How about a pic so we all can enjoy?

Sorry to hear about your hand. I hope it heals quickly. I got absolutely raped by some trees in a new-trail section of a race over the weekend. Now I feel lucky that I'm just nursing scratches on my face and a tree grudge. I underestimated the branches or my speed through them. Ouch, pulled backwards and broken? Dang. DNF?

Hi Dwight.

Hope your hand heals quickly and your back on the bike soon.

I had a bit of an off the about 5 weeks a go and bent my thumb back, still hurting now and really hurts after about 50 -60 miles off road, wife keeps telling me to keep of the the bike, she might be right:lol:

LOL, Not on my 1973 Hodaka Combat Wombat 125. Regular Bark Busters wouldn't have saved me. Didn't even fall.

Yikes. Combat Wombat... Ya gotta love that.

LOL, Not on my 1973 Hodaka Combat Wombat 125. Regular Bark Busters wouldn't have saved me. Didn't even fall.

Dwight, you're a brave man riding a bike with a big steel gas tank that protrudes into the "family jewel" area!

I've also broken fingers, mostly pinkies, without ever getting off the bike but I have hand guards on one of my bikes and I'm thinking they help a little.

My last stitches were from starting my CR250R after a rebuild with sandals on and the stupid thing kicked back and actually sent me to the MD with a nice long gash down to the shin bone (I've heard of that happening to nerds so I guess I am one too - and I pay a helluva lot more attention kick-starting now than I have the past 40 years).

Hope you heal well!

i got dismounted by a branch that was hangign straight down the trail,it blended in with the rest of the woods and hit me straight in the chest protector and cleaned me straight off the bike{practicing the loose grip thing did me no justice}...hope you heal fast dwight

Dwight, did you say your left hand? So that means you are getting an auto clutch for 4-6 weeks!:smirk:

Well, there's proof that it can happen to the best of us.

Heal quickly!

Forget the hand! How's the old bike? Hand will heal up fine, old bike parts....well, the aftermarket isn't so kind.

Forget the hand! How's the old bike? Hand will heal up fine, old bike parts....well, the aftermarket isn't so kind.

LOL, :smirk:, The Hodaka is fine. Never even fell. :smirk: My fingers are all that came in contact with tree. :prof: