fmf gold series fatty?

I got a FMF gold series fatty pipe with my '98 KDX220. What range is this pipe good for? It's got a few dents in it. Will this hurt it much? I also got a Answer qualifier muffler with it. Is this any good? I've had this bike about 3 weeks and I'm trying to figure out what I need to do to it. How can I tell what reeds are in it?

overall preformance gain with over rev

The Answer silencer / spark arrestor will be lighter than stock.

On the reeds, can you post a picture of what you have now, or at least a description? Some aftermarket reeds are dual-stage.

is your fatty pipe a woods pipe or a desert pipe? the woods pipe does not work well on the kdx220, the desert pipe works very good,

The currently available for sale pipes are the Gnarly series. They used to make a Fatty model, years ago.

How can I tell if its woods or desert? All it says is gold series fatty. There is a number stamped on the upper mount. K 35 and 200297. Also, how can I get the dents out of it? Should I just leave the stock pipe on it?

I bought a new '87 KDX200 in '88 and I took the stock pipe off and cut it up. I removed the inner wall and welded everything back together. I also put on a KX125 carb and it ran very well. I wish I still had that bike.

Dings are less of an issue the further away from the header pipe they are.

Older models were the Fatty. Look on the FMF website to see what they claim it does.

If you want to try to compare it to the two current models they sell, measure the pipe at its largest.

How can I tell if its woods or desert? All it says is gold series fatty. There is a number stamped on the upper mount. K 35 and 200297. Also, how can I get the dents out of it? Should I just leave the stock pipe on it?

I bought a new '87 KDX200 in '88 and I took the stock pipe off and cut it up. I removed the inner wall and welded everything back together. I also put on a KX125 carb and it ran very well. I wish I still had that bike.

The fatty preceded the gnarly and has the same profile as the gnarly desert but with the thinner gauge metal. I used to have one til I smashed it.

Thanks for the replies. So from what MTO and 1274 say, this pipe should work well on the 220?

yes, that is the pipe you want for the 220.

Great, thanks.

Great post, MTO!! Thanks for the information.