Sign in to follow this  

California Prairie Dogs MC - LAST DOG STANDING Event

The Prairie Dogs MC is proud to bring what we promise to be a world class event! Come see if you have what it takes and compete in one the most challenging off road races on the west coast. If you want to be the best, come and race the best! Push man and machine to their limits. Who will be crowned the 2011 “Last Dog Standing”?

“LAST DOG STANDING” Competition Event

Saturday June 18th, 2011 Glen Helen Raceway – Devore, CA

Pro Purse 100% pay back up to $3000.00 – All Other 15% Trophies

Pays Desert Points up to 125%. No Lights Required!

For Information and Event Details, Race Flyer, Entry Form go to:

http://www.prairiedogsmc.com/html/la..._standing.html

The Prairie Dogs course prep-team for the Last Dog Standing event were out in force this past weekend at Glen Helen during the USGP. Wow, this is going to be good! With input from the multi National Motocross Champion “Gary Jones” and Dirt Bike Magazine’s Ron Lawson, we will be including some unique and challenging virgin trails and terrain in the area. In addition, there will be some great spectator locations to cheer on racers through various technical sections and down hills.

During Sunday’s Monster Energy USGP event at Glen Helen, the Prairie Dogs Last Dog Standing event was announced live to the crowd of thousands as a unique and innovative upcoming event you won’t want to miss on June 18th at Glen Helen! They mentioned that Team Husqvarna’s own Jamie Lanza and Cory Grafunder will be there. We look forward to hearing from these other possible participants including: Ryan Dudek, Geoff Aaron, Justin Soule, and Destry Abbott just to name a few.

Prairie Dogs MC - promoting interests in the sport for both new and seasoned racers alike!

(supporting club of the 2010 Catalina Grand Prix)

http://www.prairiedogsmc.com/

Can't wait, I have my entry filled out already!

Can't wait, I have my entry filled out already!

I have your light ready to go for when you make the night show:thumbsup:

Not really sure I understand the rationale behind using a GP format race to qualify riders into a hard enduro.

Not really sure I understand the rationale behind using a GP format race to qualify riders into a hard enduro.

That is my biggest issue as well. I will be fine in the tough stuff, but I doubt I will qualify based on the "going fast" part of it. But if you think about it, that little shindig they put on over in Erzburg is the same way.

No criticisms to the P-Dogs, do it how you think is best. Looking forward to it.

Is there a race that if you aspire to be the worst you get to race the worst:lol:

Not really an Enduro. Not really a GP. It's really about having fun!

It is a unique race event and will be a unique and challenging experience for the racer! Just do the best you can and be consistent and you may even surprise yourself! Sometimes the fastest person is the one who falls the fastest!

Speaking of fun, this JUST IN:

A TEETER-TOTTER!!! Are you kidding me? No!

Ok, we have received a special sponsorship to incorporate a "TEETER-TOTTER" into the LAST DOG STANDING event. This just keeps getting better! Make sure you either Teeter or Totter becuase if you don't, you may get wet!

Special thanks to 1-800-DentDoc for sponsoring the LAST DOG STANDING Event Teetor-Totter!

For event details please go to:

www.prairiedogsmc.com/html/last_dog_standing.html

The Prairie Dogs are pleased to announce a Special Incentive for the Kids race to benefit racing Fathers:

Kid(s) entry FREE with Father’s paid entry! That’s right Kids, give your dad the gift of SAVINGS! Signup and Mail in Entries for Father and Kid(s) and Kid(s) Entry Fee is Waived (a $20 savings!)!!!

Pre-Entry Only and both entry forms must be sent together and postmarked by Friday June 10, 2011. Must meet Kids Event (youth) race criteria to qualify for free kids race entry. All other AMA requirements, minor requirements, race requirements as per the Last Dog Standing event do apply (refer to race flyer and entry form: www.prairiedogsmc.com.

So Kids – get your Dad’s out there and cheer them on as they show you what their made of as they test their riding abilities in the Prairie Dogs – Last Dog Standing event! And you get to race for FREE! (Don't forget the Pee Wee's are also Free!).

Pre-entry only and postmarked no later than Friday 6/10/11. Mail entries payable to: Prairie Dogs MC 12668 Saffron Ct. Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91739

See you there...

Another day and more great stuff and virgin terrain added to Last Dog Standing yesterday! It was great to hear all the positive comments we received yesterday from various folks at Glen Helen who were excited to hear about the event.

Kurt Samuelson happened to find us hiking out of some terrain - Look forward to seeing you at the event Kurt and thanks for your interest! Some people looking at us PDOG course planners in one section of the parking lot staring at some terrain and staking - they in fact questioned what in the hell we were doing! We told'm! They smiled, nodded, and said - "that's so Awesome"!!!

Taichi Tanaka (KTM), another Ersberg experienced rider will be in attendance as well as Kyle Redmond. Still waiting to here from some others...

A small glimps of one section we prepped back in May in the outback provided in video by Gary Jones, Ron Lawson and some folks with IMS (at about 3 min. mark).

Remember - fun for the whole family and Kid's race FREE if Dad' is entered in LDS (pre-entry only)!!!!

Info and entry forms at: http://www.prairiedogsmc.com/html/la..._standing.html

What's the gate fee to come out and spectate? Do kids get in free? About what time would the actual hard enduro start?

What's the gate fee to come out and spectate? Do kids get in free? About what time would the actual hard enduro start?

You can download the fyler at:

http://www.prairiedogsmc.com/html/last_dog_standing.html

Gates Open Friday 12:00pm to 10:00pm and Saturday 6:00am. Overnight Camping OK, Campfires in Containers, No hookups, NO PIT BIKES.

Signups Open Friday 6:00pm – 9:00pm and Saturday 6:00am. Pre-entry post marked Friday 6/10/11. Mail entry payable to: Prairie Dogs MC 12668 Saffron Ct. Rancho Cucamonga, CA 91739

Riders Meeting 8:00am

LDS Qualifier 8:30am

Quads 10:00am (modified LDS Qualifier course with “technical” sections)

LDS Round1 11:30am

Kids Event 3:00pm (30 minute race on modified course – 15% Trophies)

Pee Wee Event 3:45pm (20 minute race on Pee Wee course – 10yr old and under 50cc)

LDS Round2 5:45pm (No Lights Required)

Entry Fees: Pros=$150, Beg-Exp=$50, Quads=$45, Youth Race=$20, Pee Wee Race=FREE ($5 goes to D37 Legal Defense Fund)

Gate Fees: $10 per person (Kids 6-12 $5, Under 6 free).

Hope this helps!

The Prairie Dogs would like to thank IMS who will also offer the following contingency for the Last Dog Standing Pro class!

For any rider using IMS Pegs and a sticker on the Radiator Shrouds, Hand Guards or Chest Protector we will offer the following bonus:

1st Place: $500

2nd Place $250

3rd Place $125

IMS at: www.imsproducts.com

http://www.prairiedogsmc.com/html/last_dog_standing.html