Sign in to follow this  

2011 RMZ 450 impossible to find!!

I am in the market for a RMZ 450 and every dealer here in San Diego says they dont have any and they have not for a while. One shop said it is because of the tsunami that hit japan. I had another shop say the only one they can find is on the east coast and it will be 1200 bucks to ship it. Does anyone know anything on why the bike is impossible to find such a great bike?!?!?!:smirk:

...tsunami in japan? lol And i bet it sells like hotcakes since its a great bike!

Dealer here in Wichita had one last week when I went. Only Suzuki on the floor and it was the only one that showed up in quite some time.

NY is the same way. Nobody has them. If your looking to ship it from the northeast im pretty sure seymours motorized sports in cohoes NY has one hanging in their window. They are usually on the higher end of things price wise, and i'm not sure if they'd ship. They do have awsome customer service.

See this is my whole problem is I have my heart set on a RMZ but to get it I know it wont be cheap so I might go to the second choice, Crf or a kawi any advice there?

I ride some outdoor type tracks and some tighter tracks, desert and pretty much all there is to ride

...tsunami in japan? lol

Whats funny about that?

The bike manufacturers have been using their factories to help rebuild the country, thats why some parts are on indefinite back order and bikes may not be as easy to find.

Bet your one of the yanks who think Japan deserved the earthquake.

A friend of mine is selling his brand new never ridden 2011. He's having wrist problems and cant ride for a while. It has RG3 suspension and a bunch of other goodies, but it's in NY. If you want his contact info drop me a PM. I would be buying this bike but I have a 2010 with less than 10 hours on it.

Mike

Whats funny about that?

The bike manufacturers have been using their factories to help rebuild the country, thats why some parts are on indefinite back order and bikes may not be as easy to find.

I bet your one of the Europeans who thinks Americans hate the Japs. DUH, Losing :smirk:

Ive never even head of any Americans who thought they deserved it. Why would they. I think you have Japs and Pakistanis mixed up LOL

Suzuki has been cutting back on motorcycle production for a long time, so i am not surprised you cant find one. as for the tsunami, i am sure the 2011 production run was finished long before those tragic events.

well i finally traced a place down about 2 hours away from my house, I kind of have a hook up there only because my good friend is second cousins is the owner of the shop:bonk: they are asking 8500 otd.... good price for what I want?? or i could get a crf 450 for 7600 or a kawi for 7100 what do you guys and gals think????

that seems like steep price to me. But if there arent any around thats what you will have to deal wtih. I have heard good things about the 2011 CRF...

I bet your one of the Europeans who thinks Americans hate the Japs. DUH, Losing :smirk:

Ive never even head of any Americans who thought they deserved it. Why would they. I think you have Japs and Pakistanis mixed up LOL

One of the yanks who thinks New Zealand is in Europe?? :smirk:

http://urlybits.com/2011/03/americas-brightest-weigh-in-on-the-japanese-tsunami/ I think the fact that they think hiroshima and nagasaki werent retribution enough for pearl harbour, and that the Japanese nuked pearl harbour is also laughable.

Back on point, the rmz450 is a really nice bike, I work at a suzuki/kawasaki bike shop and get to test ride all the demo bikes we have, dont know if id own one though. It is also true that they had finished production run, but they made fewer bikes due to the economy, and the ones that were yet to be shipped were disrupted by the tsunami.

Go to CycleTrader.com and look. There are tons of 2011s and 2010s all over the place. They are not selling a lot of offroad bikes and you can get a deal on one.

well i finally traced a place down about 2 hours away from my house, I kind of have a hook up there only because my good friend is second cousins is the owner of the shop:bonk: they are asking 8500 otd.... good price for what I want?? or i could get a crf 450 for 7600 or a kawi for 7100 what do you guys and gals think????

I would go with the Suzuki, needs less than the others to make it a great bike vs a good bike. The Kawi needs a Tranny and the Honda NEEDS Suspension.. The Suzuki Is really good straight out of the crate. I have had all 3 and to me you cannot beat the Suzuki IMHO The KTM 350 was next best not one of the others...

i work for a suzuki dealership and it took me over month and pulling some strings before i got mine. it was def worth the wait i came off a 08 crf450 and couldnt be happier.

All three bikes are really great.. But if your lookin at a Kaw then prepare to ride it WOT for it to work its best...the Honda is also great but does need some susp work,,,but if you know how to tune susp a few adjustments can really make it shine...the Suzuki is great all around,,,kinda like a "lazy mans" bike so to speak...the handling is great and the motor is strong...jus set the sag and your in!:smirk: So its really how much u really wana spend on one. Proly no matter what you get you'll will put some type of hop-up part/parts on it, so your cost will go up. Good Luck whatever you buy!! But Im pullin for the Zuke!!:smirk:

MSRP is 8199 for 11 RMZ450 so 8500 OTD including docs/title/tax is probably not much of a discount....offer them less.

As far as which one to buy for me the 11 RMZ450 handling and cornering is the best and that is the hardest thing to get right. The RMZ is a very fun bike to ride:thumbsup:

LOL this is TT. You need to get out more.:smirk::bonk::smirk:

i work for a suzuki dealership and it took me over month and pulling some strings before i got mine. it was def worth the wait i came off a 08 crf450 and couldnt be happier.

O no you should not be telling me this... Im about to go out and spend 8500 bucks after this comment here! Well I just got back from pala today on my crf and well she corners so well but the motor is not as strong as it was and the suspension is no up to par! Im starting to go more with the kawi because its so much cheaper. But tranny issues?!?!?!?! I am NOT okay with that! more info please!!

O no you should not be telling me this... Im about to go out and spend 8500 bucks after this comment here! Well I just got back from pala today on my crf and well she corners so well but the motor is not as strong as it was and the suspension is no up to par! Im starting to go more with the kawi because its so much cheaper. But tranny issues?!?!?!?! I am NOT okay with that! more info please!!

I had a 2010 KX 450, 3rd gear was hit or miss and 4th gear was completely locked out if you were under load. I had to short shift to 4th as soon as I made 3rd gear shift in order to get into that gear..:smirk: Not to mention the HUGE gaps inbetween gears, if you do get the Kawi throw on a 51 or 52 sproket to compensate. The KTM and Suzuki on the otherhand are smooth as butter and don't handle like a bus. I would however give Kawi props as there motor has major power, the Suzuki has very easy to control power but pulls all the way whereas the Kawi pulls HARD hyowever thats all I really had for good's towards that bike.