VCGP 2011 helmet camera (not Suz 2T)

Hey guys,

I would rather post this here for you guys than the Yamaha 4T forum. I took my new YZF450 down to Virginia City for the Grand Prix a few weeks ago.

Never been down there before...second ride on my 1st 4T. There were a bunch of 2T in the race. Had me missing my RM. Yamaha was a good choice for that course but other than all out top speed I don't think I would have been any slower/faster overall on either bike.

I flatted out midway lap two... limped in and called it a day. Had a blast and ran the helmet camera. Part 1 is un-cut 1st eight minutes of the race. Part 2 is segments, highlights if you will, of the middle of the lap. Part three will consist of my crashes and ending flat (where my memory card filled up also)

Part 1 -

My buddy Jason is in the red on my right at the start line. It is a 4hr race so I wasn't to concerned about the first 200 yds. I tell him to cut infront of me at the beginning as he pretty amped up and fast. Best just to let him go. :prof:

Part 2 -

The better parts of my first lap. Lots of singlefile racing. not super agressive down there. We have much more agressive racing up in these parts I think. Maybe it is because there is less chances to pass in the trees? Who knows. I am on a Sunday ride it seems... Then when I get an opening I go for it. :smirk:

Enjoy! (even if it is a 4T) :smirk:

Some random guy saw my video on Youtube and actually had pics of me... I don't have any of me actually riding other than my helmet camera and a couple from him. :lol: I am #203 partially hidden behind the branches.

229381_2069808671099_1421328371_32471797_2025934_n.jpg

Excellen job! It's always fun riding along on the shoulder of a good rider. Bummer that you had to call it early, it looked like you were really moving up.

Excellen job! It's always fun riding along on the shoulder of a good rider. Bummer that you had to call it early, it looked like you were really moving up.
Thanks zig06. Well that was the good part of the lap... the future video (part 3) will have crashes and me flailing. :smirk:

It was strange racing down there. it was a mix of Pro-Amature Sat and Novice-vintage-ladies on Sunday. For much of the first lap I was waiting out the dust and foloowing racers only passing when I could see enough and I wouldn't tangle with another racer.

In WA we try to fit a round peg in a square hole sometimes. You have to MAKE your pass where this course was so open you just either rode into the dust or help back until you got a good look and motored past if you were truely faster than the next guy. I watch the video and start to think WTH was I, on a joy ride? lol

Second lap was more spread out and had more open air...could go faster. So I ended up flatting my front tire with 19psi in it. :smirk:

It was a fun race and if anyone gets a chance to do it... go for it! I drove 13hrs one way to race it. Zzzzzzzzzzzz lol