Sign in to follow this  

gear brands

we all know what opinions are like, but....

i am interested to know what everyone thinks about the differences in quality of the different gear brands. troy lee vs answer vs thor vs fox vs msr vs moose vs klim vs etc. you get the point. who makes the best gear? what is not going to fade in the wash? not rip or tear the first time you look at it sideways? what holds up well? and i am talking todays standards, not how good a company was 10 years ago. who makes quality items, and takes pride in offering quality gear to us as the consumer that will last for many uses to come?

Ive only used fox so far... and i gotta tell you, my stuff has lasted a while, protected me when i needed it, and looks cool! I would just go with whatever you like, and in your price range

You are going to get a million different opinions on this :-)

I prefer whatever fits my body and budget the best. The only thing I am partial to is One Industries helmets. The Trooper2 fits my head like they used my head as the mold when making it. Thus I don't buy anything other than One Ind helmets.

You are going to get a million different opinions on this :-)

I prefer whatever fits my body and budget the best. The only thing I am partial to is One Industries helmets. The Trooper2 fits my head like they used my head as the mold when making it. Thus I don't buy anything other than One Ind helmets.

Same goes for me and fox helmets. One industries fit me terrible haha!

one of the magazines recently recommended O'neal Hardware gear for lasting years. as far as longevity, i've had several Thor over the boot pants last a long time. i also have some friends that wear Klim and say it lasts. i could go on about brands that do not last but that probably wouldn't be fair!

I mainly wear MSR gear and am happy with it. I had one pair of No Fear gear years ago and that junk lasted about 3 rides.

I have a TLD helmet and that thing is awesome, it fits perfectly and has held up better than any other helmet I've owned. I wonder if their jerseys and pants are as nice as their helmets are?

Klim gear best for CaveMike, but me Neanderthal. Shorter, wider than human. Fox gear work good if have less money to spend. Moose okay too.

All gear is going to last longer if you take care of it. Don't lean up against your header or pants will melt (4t guys). When you're done riding take your gear out, wash it and hang dry it, fold it and put it away. Wash your boots and store them where critters won't get to them. Common sense goes a long way when taking care of gear

Don't lean up against your header or pants will melt (4t guys).

Yeah... on my pitbike i have pants all over the header. But despite a few holes in my fox racing pants, they still work great and had them since '06!

It doesn't matter what we like...all that matter is what you like.....

I go to rockymountian and find something on closeout.....

i second that ! I ride 4t so leather knee is a must, so anything just around 100 on closeout.

Also buy lots of gloves , find ones that you really like and buy a bunch of them!

I've had good luck with Fly, MSR, and Answer gear. Thor's alright but I've had a couple pairs of pants rip on me. I'm planning on trying TLD's new Air Beast stuff, I've heard really good things about TLD's gear so I'm sure I'll like it.

I had a pair of Thor Phase pants that lasted forever......I ride shift gear now, holding up OK, but the pants have faded a bit after repeated washings

KLIM rocks :ride: I've got two sets and that's all I'll buy, though their cheaper gloves are a little thin.