Looking for a street legal enduro

I'm looking for a street legal enduro, looking to prob. buy new, I want something that is road legal but dirt focused. I want something that can make the occasional commute, be a great trail bike, and well built and race oriented enough to handle hare scrambles/enduros from time to time.

Considering the Husa FE570S, Aprilia sxv (if i can still find a new one), ktm enduro 690...etc. Open too and looking for any suggestions.

Any of the Huskys TE Models

In my opinion those bikes are gonna be a little big for harscramble use and are more steet oriented. If your looking for a street legal enduro look at the husky te 449 511 or 450 510 if buying used. Or the ktm 450 and 505's

looking to prob buy new (better financing and I don't inherit anyone elses problems) I don't know if its as a big an issue w/ dirt bike but I used to work on Jet Skis for a living and there it def. was... any other suggestions besides the huskys? I'll check them out but right now im really leaning towards the fe570

looking to prob buy new (better financing and I don't inherit anyone elses problems) I don't know if its as a big an issue w/ dirt bike but I used to work on Jet Skis for a living and there it def. was... any other suggestions besides the huskys? I'll check them out but right now im really leaning towards the fe570

KTM 530 and 450 exc-r:thumbsup:

you can't still get them new can you?

the street legal ones I mean

Look Husky 449/510, ktm 450/530.

Considering the Husa FE570S, Aprilia sxv (if i can still find a new one), ktm enduro 690...etc. Open too and looking for any suggestions.

I've spent the last 2 years on a decently setup 690 and will tell you first hand that although it can do most anything the other bikes can, it will take a lot more effort to do so with overall weight being the limiting factor. I love my 690 even with it's FI quirks, but if I had it to do over again, my money would be on the fe570s. I really like the look of the husky's too and locally there are excellent deals to be had on them new, but if you are planning a bit more on-road riding I would stick with the berg or an exc.

you can't still get them new can you?

Yes, you can. In addition to the KTM's, Huskys and the Husaberg, check out the Beta RS line. Very sweet.

Husqvarna 510 or Yamaha WR450

Really take a look at Beta You'll be glad you did. I had to drive 5hrs one way to the nearest dealer but it was well worth it! :smirk:

Suzuki DRZ400sm!!! Comes with the same suspension that you will find on a RMZ450 so all you need to do is buy some moto wheels. They are realitively cheap, stone reliable, tons of hop-up parts, oversized fuel tanks, blah blah blah!! We keep are sm wheels on and bought some Avon tires that are a little more dirt oriented. It has to be the funniest bike in my garage!!

Suzuki DRZ400sm!!! Comes with the same suspension that you will find on a RMZ450 so all you need to do is buy some moto wheels.

With 2.5" less suspension travel and 50% more weight. 320lbs dry is not exactly a small bike, so it needs every advantage possible to keep up with a smaller bike offroad, less suspension, less power, and chassis geometry that makes the front end want to tuck in a corner offroad aren't helping it there. I one were to consider the drz400, definately stick to the e or s model for this use.

To the OP, what do you realistically think the bikes offroad vs onroad useage will be? I think that is probably the biggest deciding factor to be weighed.

It will def be dirt riding most of the time, i'll take it too work every once in a while but pretty much it will be used for trail riding, SERA races, and the pavement inbetween my home and the trails. I have Kawi 636 i'm turning into a streetfighter

for the street so...

I've also looked at the G450x and I have heard a lot of good and a lot of bad, some publications praised it, others (dirt rider) slammed it.... anyone have experience with the bike?

based on what I'm hearing here the husqvarna is now running w/ the husaberg at the top of my list as I really want a fuel injected bike, also i'm researching th Aprilia Enduros.

You also got the new te 511 and 449

only reason im not considering the Yami WR and KTM models is race readiness, street legality, and fuel injection.

KTM EXC 450 and 530 are street legal from the showroom floor and probably about as "race ready" as any street legal dirt bike out there. Beta 450RS and 525RS are right there, too.