Fuel Injection this year?

Has anyone heard if Honda is coming out later this year with a Fuel Injected 450x?

No.

Only the JCR Honda #8x has the R FI installed on it.

Rumor says no new X's for 2012, since there are still '08's and '09's on dealer floors to move still.

And why? None of Honda's MX bikes with FI are working well at all.

Go to the R forum and check it out. It's a maintenance nightmare, even when used for only 40 minutes (two motos) at a time!!

You're not getting anything at all this year. I heard dealers are having a hard time getting any Honda's.

Yeah, the only 2012 off road models (as far as the big bikes are concerned) are the 450R, 250R, and 150R.

There were a lot of older models (leftovers) when the '09 450Rs came out. I was suprised how well that secret was kept. The majority of people that were speculating on the R forum thought there wouldn't be FI in '09. September is alway interesting because if it's not Honda, someone else will come out with a new bike.

FI is a nightmare? are you kidding me? My "nightmare" is I now pre-FILTER my gas, wow, that is soooo hard to do. It takes seconds.

I have a 2009 CRF450R, it is BULLETPROOF !!!! I have had 54 race bikes, this is the best one so far. I know plenty of guys with FI bikes, they all race, no one I race with is complaining.

The tuning capability of this bike with the Honda Tuner is amazing, it can quickly be made into a docile trail bike or a fire breathing monster in a matter of seconds merely by using the programmer.

If you have basic knowledge of how a bike works and what you want to do with set up, you can tune this thing to work how you want. Try that on an 08 or earlier, see how hard they are to get similar results and what it costs. No comparison.

FI is a nightmare? are you kidding me? My "nightmare" is I now pre-FILTER my gas, wow, that is soooo hard to do. It takes seconds.

I have a 2009 CRF450R, it is BULLETPROOF !!!! I have had 54 race bikes, this is the best one so far. I know plenty of guys with FI bikes, they all race, no one I race with is complaining.

The tuning capability of this bike with the Honda Tuner is amazing, it can quickly be made into a docile trail bike or a fire breathing monster in a matter of seconds merely by using the programmer.

If you have basic knowledge of how a bike works and what you want to do with set up, you can tune this thing to work how you want. Try that on an 08 or earlier, see how hard they are to get similar results and what it costs. No comparison.

I agree with this. A properly running FI bike will always run better than a well tuned carb bike, no question about it.

I agree with this. A properly running FI bike will always run better than a well tuned carb bike, no question about it.

Pretty bold statement without anything to back it up. Key word there is properly running..... A properly tuned carb bike is always good as a properly running FI bike. The only time you will notice tuning characteristics is if you ride in altitude and or atmospheric extremes....Or maybe on extreme long distance super high angle hills

I have owned 100000 race bikes, because that makes me more credible. :smirk:

Maybe your 53 were so crappy, that you have yet to find one working properly..or to your expert level standards

98 posts in the KX, RMZand CRF forums about FI issues.

Not even counting the KTM and Euro bikes FI issues.

Sure, most of them are minor.

It's just not something I want on a motorcycle that goes 100 miles away from camp.

Not until they refine it.

If you are all about maximum performance, then great. I am absolutely not. I am about maximum utility.

Sad story. While chasing for the Baja 500 I parked next to two guys that were waiting for their rider change. The rider was fully geared and was so eager. He was bragging how sweet their bike was running with the new FI and how he had spent all this time training. Well, when his bike did not show up, we walked over to the Checkers club camp and asked them to check on their bike. The report came back that the bike was last seen on the back of a truck heading to back to the star with a failed fuel pump. Ironically, just a couple of moments later our rider flew by on our carburated bike. Man,talk about being all dressed up with no place to go.

Man,talk about being all dressed up with no place to go.

No joke. FI doesn't win baja.

It's not like the performance delta between a properly setup carb and a FI system is a major performance issue, lol.

If anything, a FI bike has so many more single points of failure, and IMO, a properly setup carb is the only choice for such an event, hands down.

No joke. FI doesn't win baja.

It's not like the performance delta between a properly setup carb and a FI system is a major performance issue, lol.

If anything, a FI bike has so many more single points of failure, and IMO, a properly setup carb is the only choice for such an event, hands down.

Wellllll, accept for the last Baja, where the #2 bike was a JCR CRF450X with 2010 R FI on it......

FI will be better for offroad, period. Right now it is clearly better for Track.

I just don't want to be the beta tester.

Wellllll, accept for the last Baja, where the #2 bike was a JCR CRF450X with 2010 R FI on it......

FI will be better for offroad, period. Right now it is clearly better for Track.

I just don't want to be the beta tester.

Granted, and agreed, also not trying to be argumentative, but the below winnings were all carbed, as well:

1997 Johnny Campbell, Tim Staab, Greg Bringle

1998 Johnny Campbell, Jimmy Lewis

1999 Johnny Campbell, Tim Staab

2000 Johnny Campbell, Tim Staab, Craig Smith, Steve Hengeveld

2001 Johnny Campbell, Tim Staab

2002 Steve Hengeveld, Johnny Campbell, Andy Grider

2003 Steve Hengeveld, Johnny Campbell

2004 Steve Hengeveld, Johnny Campbell, Kendall Norman

2005 Steve Hengeveld, Johnny Campbell, Mike Childress

2006 Steve Hengeveld, Mike Childress, Quinn Cody

2007 Robby Bell, Kendall Norman, Steve Hengeveld, Johnny Campbell

2008 Robby Bell, Kendall Norman, Johnny Campbell

Point is, in 10 years, a great team on a carbed bike can still stand a good chance on taking the win, up against nothing but FI machines. FI, is all well and good, and like many things is something of a trade-off (especially in its infancy period), but it isn't a keystone that we must have now or we can't compete. :smirk:

It's just not something I want on a motorcycle that goes 100 miles away from camp.

Not until they refine it.

Exactly!

FI or carb? It's all about maintenance and a smile on your face. I like low maintenance, maybe that's why my bike isn't running. My honda has been high maintenance, my yamaha just wouldn't die.

I was a CRF R & X 450 user for a long time, end of last year, i was disapointed to see no FI 450X, as it was announced. I moved to RMX450 and i'd like to tell to all of you 450X users, to test this bike, to have an objective status. This bike is closed to perfect ! Stability, susps, are equivalent to the red, and Efi is way better than carbs'. After 35 years of enduro, riding in the past for some manufacturers' teams end of '80s' and beg. of 90s', i've a good knowledge and feedback on enduro bikes. Try the yellow !

I was a CRF R & X 450 user for a long time, end of last year, i was disapointed to see no FI 450X, as it was announced. I moved to RMX450 and i'd like to tell to all of you 450X users, to test this bike, to have an objective status. This bike is closed to perfect ! Stability, susps, are equivalent to the red, and Efi is way better than carbs'. After 35 years of enduro, riding in the past for some manufacturers' teams end of '80s' and beg. of 90s', i've a good knowledge and feedback on enduro bikes. Try the yellow !

Too bad you can't buy that bike in the states. The EPA banned it several months ago, and Suzuki pulled them all.

Too bad you can't buy that bike in the states. The EPA banned it several months ago, and Suzuki pulled them all.

I was at Chaparral in Apr. 2010 and have seen this bike, what's the problem ?

Here in Europe, even if bikes are way expensive, compare with you guys, they are plated, and fit Euro4 :smirk: Best bargain price for a 2011 : 7999€ plated !!

photo245e.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I can't believe it :smirk:

He should have told them it got stolen.

Any EPA personnel coming after him would be in an Excursion or other behemothistic land barge. :smirk: