So when did hondas stop having valve issues?

:thumbsup:Hey, im sure this has been answered before and if i remember correctly the valve issues stopped on the 2008 model? thanks for any replies

no every color bike has valve issues....the chances that you hear about honda valves the most is because you own a honda.....but as for the valves aslong as you keep good maintance on the bike the valves will last a while....but think as the valves are like a top end in a 2stroke...they wont last forever...i have 20hrs on my kibble wyat ss valves and they havent moved yet...my bike is only ridein on a track so it gets beat on every ride.

I have had 5 honda four strokes 05-2011 and none have had valve issues.I am very meticulous about service and clean air filters.

i have an 02 crf 450 that needed the valves shimmed at least once a year. last year i replaced the heads and replaced the kibble white ss valves with wiseco titanium valves. Its been a year and a half and my bike still starts on the 2nd or 3rd kick. just get rid of the stainless valves.

okay well obviously you have to keep up on maitinence :smirk:, and i know that some of the years of honda's valve's had more problems than that of other manufactures, that is why i am asking, or have i just seen alot of talk about hondas having more stubborn valves and its not true, that there valves are equaly to go out of adjustment as of any other brand?...

i have an 02 crf 450 that needed the valves shimmed at least once a year. last year i replaced the heads and replaced the kibble white ss valves with wiseco titanium valves. Its been a year and a half and my bike still starts on the 2nd or 3rd kick. just get rid of the stainless valves.

Sweet :smirk:

no every color bike has valve issues....the chances that you hear about honda valves the most is because you own a honda.....but as for the valves aslong as you keep good maintance on the bike the valves will last a while....but think as the valves are like a top end in a 2stroke...they wont last forever...i have 20hrs on my kibble wyat ss valves and they havent moved yet...my bike is only ridein on a track so it gets beat on every ride.

so if i was to have a suzuki, i would here just as much about valves going out of adjustments and problems with them?... never thought of it like that?

so if i was to have a suzuki, i would here just as much about valves going out of adjustments and problems with them?... never thought of it like that?

And if it was a car (Oh no!!! Not the "c" word in a bike forum???!!!), you would hear about having to have the injectors cleaned, or the diff pinion bearing needs replacing, or a power steering pump leaking....

They move, they make noise, they're fun - they need maintenance - irrelevant of form, fashion, model, manufacturer, variant etc. Basics are basics. Keep it it tidy and tight. But some things still have to get done no matter how tidy it's kept.

The valves on the honda still suck. The exaust valves I should say.

Because of the uni cam design Honda is forced to use stainless steal exaust valves. Honda could easily fix this problem by putting copper valve seats in stock. But they don't.

Why?

Who knows?

It must be the same reason why they ran a 35mm carb on the 250f for 4 years instead of the 32mm carb that was just fine and did'nt bog.Or why they never put the proper spring rate in there forks Year after year.

Or the the same reason why they continue to use that stupid 4 spring clutch set up.

Why do I continue to buy them year after year?

Who knows?

Ride RED..

Because of the uni cam design Honda is forced to use stainless steal exaust valves. Honda could easily fix this problem by putting copper valve seats in stock. But they don't.

Why?

Who knows?

It must be the same reason why they ran a 35mm carb on the 250f for 4 years instead of the 32mm carb that was just fine and did'nt bog.Or why they never put the proper spring rate in there forks Year after year.

Or the the same reason why they continue to use that stupid 4 spring clutch set up.

Who knows?

Ride RED..

Thank you for the answer about HONDA's VALVE issues :smirk:

Honda doesn't have valve problems only owners that don't know how to maintain or ride them.

how to ride them?... how are you supposed to ride them properly?

anyways, thanks for the information that hondas have had zero valve issues

how to ride them?... how are you supposed to ride them properly?

Since you asked....

Yep it's called not setting in the back of your truck revving the piss out of it, or anywhere actually. Then killing it and restarting it doing over and over again. Most numbskulls that have issues are these type of people. Sorry I have way to many hours on our bikes and never had any valve problems.

Because of the uni cam design Honda is forced to use stainless steal exaust valves.

What makes you think that? There are other very similar engines with titanium exhaust valves.

Since you asked....

Yep it's called not setting in the back of your truck revving the piss out of it, or anywhere actually. Then killing it and restarting it doing over and over again. Most numbskulls that have issues are these type of people. Sorry I have way to many hours on our bikes and never had any valve problems.

no i wasnt directing the , thanks for the info about them having zero valve problems, i just didnt know that, and have heard other wise, thats why i started this thread, but appearantly hondas have always had the same amount of maintnence as any other mx bike and the valve system doesnt have any perticular problems as far as valves getting out of spec rather fast etc..., and yea you could rev the piss out of the bike, but thats not riding it! :smirk:, but i feel you on that though, unneeded revving while the bike is sitting there is ZERO point, just hurts your precious engine :prof:, which i dont do :smirk:

what he means by riding it right is dont hit the rev limiter the whole time in the air...its pointless revving it that much isnt going to make you go thourgh the air faster...reving it some to get the front end up is of but dont keep in on the rev limiter....ya i hit the revlimter once or twice while reving at the gate idk y i guess im uset to reving my 2stroke's high to make sure they were warm and wasnt going to bog.

But ya just keep good maintnance ont he bike and it will run for ever...also reseal the air boot. it helps alot...every since i sealed mine my carb boot stays super clean and the carb nor the valve cover has not one single part of dirt/dust build up...

what he means by riding it right is dont hit the rev limiter the whole time in the air...its pointless revving it that much isnt going to make you go thourgh the air faster...reving it some to get the front end up is of but dont keep in on the rev limiter....ya i hit the revlimter once or twice while reving at the gate idk y i guess im uset to reving my 2stroke's high to make sure they were warm and wasnt going to bog.

But ya just keep good maintnance ont he bike and it will run for ever...also reseal the air boot. it helps alot...every since i sealed mine my carb boot stays super clean and the carb nor the valve cover has not one single part of dirt/dust build up...

unneeded revving to to your baby=:smirk:

Why?

Who knows?

Who knows?

Ride RED..

I thought it was the titanium intake valves that would tighten up... :smirk:

I thought it was the titanium intake valves that would tighten up... :smirk:

The Honda intake valves do tighten up from ingesting dirt and dust into the intake track. It happens on any bike that has titanium valves. Some of other brands have it figured out before it leaves the factory. Dirt and dust can come in from a few places like the air box to air boot seal, the vent tubes on the carb and a poorly sealed or torn air filter. All these things add up and are easily fixed. There is a protective coating on the intake valve that from the dirt and dust ingested gets worn off. That in turn causes the valve to pound it's way into the seat because it becomes soft and you lose your valve clearance. Bouncing it off the rev limiter doesn't help. You guys that bang the limiter sitting at the starting line are doing nothing but getting the bike good and hot where it's going to make even less power. Best thing to do is let it idle for 40-60 seconds before you start a moto. Seeing coolant puking out of the overflow tube isn't a good thing while your sitting still or ever for that matter.

The angle of the exhaust valves because of the unicam has nothing to do with the valves or seats. It's the exhaust valve guides. They do prematurly wear due to angle the rocker arm pressing down on the to of the valves. Simple fix if Honda would take it for what it's worth, install a roller tip rocker on the other side of the rocker arm also or re-design the way the force is being applied to the top of the exhaust valves.

There's all the theory's put to rest.