Antigravity Batteries Giveaways: Winners Announced! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

11 250SXF forks too plush with race tech gold valves

EU version 250sxf with 5.2 and 0.44 springs have gold valves on both ends orignally i did alot of enduro/XC rides and now that im doing alot of moto x the forks not adapting well like ive said they just to plush in the first 1/4 + of the stroke they dont hold up during braking and through bigger bumps and rollers around the track they do bottom but not all the time im 160 pounds and race tech say i should keep the stock .44 fork springs but ive talked to others and they say that i should idealy run a .46 spring on the WP CC forks because of the bladders and how they are not as responsive as a pressure spring what do you guys think i should do will the 46 spring turn the bike into abit of a chopper affect steering

reduce orifice size of the gold valve with shim it flows to much oil I assume you have the G2R plus reduce float on midvalve .In other words run either a 17 or 18 mm face shim up against the G2R valve there is 4 shims Two .15s and two .10s then your regular shim stack and make sure you run a single stage stack .

so the problems more in the valving is it? by the sounds of it how much of a difference is it going to make because ill just be telling my tuner to make the adj, and yes G2R valves not sure if its single or double stage what does this mean whats the difference

Sorry you have the single function fork . My best advice is talk to Terry Hay then .

you valved/sprung the forks for enduro/trails, now are wanting it to work on an mx track.. no go. I have the same valving from RT on my 04 and 08 crf450. The initial stroke is softer so you don't get beat up on roots, rocks etc. No need to absorb big jumps and 4th gear pinned woop sections. As others mentioned, some change on the valving and put stronger springs back in?

you valved/sprung the forks for enduro/trails, now are wanting it to work on an mx track.. no go. I have the same valving from RT on my 04 and 08 crf450. The initial stroke is softer so you don't get beat up on roots, rocks etc. No need to absorb big jumps and 4th gear pinned woop sections. As others mentioned, some change on the valving and put stronger springs back in?

nah mate thats the thing here ive got it revalved 4 moto x and its still to plush! so not sure what 2 do i dont know why i should put stiffer springs in if they are not recomended you know what im saying it must be valving

heavier fork oil (say go from 5wt to 10wt).. that is what i had to do with my 04crf450 forks.. Even running the comp adjuster in nearly ALL the way, the bike was too plush. They (RT) said try 10wt on the outer chamber (showa forks), worked. I will say though, that for mx the .44 springs are WAY too soft for me when trying to ride mx stuff and deep sandy turns.. Works great in woods, not mx. The 08 i have we valved almost the same, but left the .47 (stock) springs in it.. WAY better as an mx bike (even though i valved it for woods!!) and shakes my elbow pads down to my wrists in the woods even backing the comp adjsuters way off.. (and it's 5wt oil in these..). SO.. Can try the cheap route first, heavier oil.. ??

yeah i could do that but id rather fix the problem you know not go around it im willing to spend the money so a revalve may be the best option if i do go 2 the .46 spring how would the valving change to suit the up in rate? what would i have 2 do

Do you still have a valve stack on the compresion side of the active valve or did you convert it to a check valve?

im not sure i got my tuner to do it for me, but if it is how it should be...what do you think i should do?