Sign in to follow this  

2008 RM-Z450 Owners

I've been riding an '05 since April of '06...so basically for 5 years now. It's time to upgrade...buying new is not an option. My friend is riding an '08 and he loves it. So, I'm thinking of going with an '08 or '09. So for you owners: what are some of the good, bad, and ugly (and beautiful) things about this bike? What differences would I notice from my '05? I know the most obvious difference is the EFI. I have loved my '05 but it's getting up there in hours (265+) and starting to have minor issues. So let's hear it...I want to hear allabout the 2008/2009 RM-Z450s

5 speed, better chassis, auto cam chain tensioner, the 05 is a nice bike (i had one) but the 08 is soooooo much nicer to ride, go for it.

i just bought an 08 coming from an 07 250f.......

although i"ve only rode it in a field so far, bike feels extremely narrow, small and comfy like a 250f.

the EFI is taking me some getting used to in regards to starting...more kicking then i like.... but i'll figure it out with time.

the EFI is so smooth...the power comes on so smooth.... it seems to pull and pull compared to the 250f

can't wait to ride her on a track...hopefully this weekend if it ever stops raining around here!

I've had an 09 (same bike ) since January it took me up until a month ago to get to like it as much as i do now , get the suspension set up correctly . I was gonna sell mine 6 weeks ago ,but now its the best bike i've ever had it an't going nowhere ..

i just bought an 08 coming from an 07 250f.......

although i"ve only rode it in a field so far, bike feels extremely narrow, small and comfy like a 250f.

the EFI is taking me some getting used to in regards to starting...more kicking then i like.... but i'll figure it out with time.

the EFI is so smooth...the power comes on so smooth.... it seems to pull and pull compared to the 250f

can't wait to ride her on a track...hopefully this weekend if it ever stops raining around here!

Jus try and find the TDC when kicking it.. i have currently have a broken foot and can still start mine in a walking boot. And you dont have to kick it like your kicking an old 490 haha just nice steady kick.

Jus try and find the TDC when kicking it.. i have currently have a broken foot and can still start mine in a walking boot. And you dont have to kick it like your kicking an old 490 haha just nice steady kick.

thanks..... I'll give that a try!