Sign in to follow this  

hardcore rain riders help me

what kind of rain gear should i buy only want to spend around 70.00 plan on rididng in the rain alot was considering frog toggs

Iv'e read several reviews that frog togs are a total waste of money in the rain.

I v'e found that the heavy duty rain gear found at an Army Navy store is cheap and looks like they would hold up good.

I myself have a full one peice suit made by Dri-rider. But they cost a LOT.

Iv'e read several reviews that frog togs are a total waste of money in the rain.

I v'e found that the heavy duty rain gear found at an Army Navy store is cheap and looks like they would hold up good.

I myself have a full one peice suit made by Dri-rider. But they cost a LOT.

The old "pickle suit" that you can pick up at a surplus store works great. I rode from east central Illinois to southern Missouri in a driving rain storm wearing one and was bone dry when I arrived. I have a couple of them hanging up in the garage that managed to stay in my duffel bag at some point along the way.:smirk: As far as cheap and effective goes, they work great. Don't try to do much physical work while wearing one though as they do NOT breathe and you will end up sweating so much that you'll be just as wet... but you'll smell like funky gym socks... That was a "note to self" that I never forgot :smirk:

I use grundens. $70 a set. not the plastic set but the nylon/poly set. Carhartt makes some really nice ones but they're double the price. if I tear mine up im not worried. they keep me dry. I use fleece or wool underneath that's the key to dry. no fleece/wool = wet, no matter how good the raingear

the alaska fishermen use grundens so it must be decent