GSXR Exhaust and BST jetting ?

I finally found a gsxr1000 exhaust for my DR !!! I have it jetted for the stock headpipe, FMF Q4 and Jesse's airbox mod. Will I need to rejet or will the jetting be correct for the new mid pipe from Jesse and the X40FOX can ? By the way the guy that I got it from has 3 or 4 more take offs he bought from a local dealer in case anyone else would like to contact him about one. $100.00 each.

I finally found a gsxr1000 exhaust for my DR !!! I have it jetted for the stock headpipe, FMF Q4 and Jesse's airbox mod. Will I need to rejet or will the jetting be correct for the new mid pipe from Jesse and the X40FOX can ? By the way the guy that I got it from has 3 or 4 more take offs he bought from a local dealer in case anyone else would like to contact him about one. $100.00 each.

Nope, you will be fine with your current jetting. :smirk:

Thanks Rob, I was hoping you'd chime in.

kc4sox, I am looking for one and would love to have the contact information for the guy you got your GSXR muffler from. I sent you a PM.

Thanks,

John

Rob, does an FMF oversize header make and difference in the jetting ?

Rob, does an FMF oversize header make and difference in the jetting ?

I don't have any direct experience with the over-sized header. I have dyno'd a DR725 with the PowerBomb header and GSXR exhaust system. The owner assumed he needed to up the jetting on one of my FCR-MX's once he did the PowerBomb and 725 kit. On the dyno using EGA and a wide band 02 sensor we ended up right back at my standard FCR-MX jetting. In the general tuning world all things point to a leaner condition being created if you were to reduce back pressure. This is by no means a blanket cast in stone reality since so many other things can affect jetting. My best guess would be you won't need to change anything.

Edited by mx_rob

Damn !! Do you get a salary for all providing all the info for us ? Priceless resource, thanks again.

I would like that guys contact info for a GSXR pipe as well...

thanks