Sign in to follow this  

Crack In exhaust header???

I have a crack in my exhaust header and haven't had a chance to fix it yet. Would this cause my bike to be harder to start? Additionally would it cause it to bog on the bottom end. It seems like a stupid question but I wanted to make sure this was the issue. My new header is on the way but I can't not ride!! Just wanted to make sure it may not be something else. Thanks!!

Mine is cracked there as well but it is just the fillet weld on the attachment bracket and the crack does not run into the header base metal. I personally can not see even a crack in the actual header base metal causing any of the issues you mention.

My 2011 350 was cracked there in the same spot, right along the midpipe mounting flange, at first I thought it was just a crack in the weld so I kept riding it(same day) and now it has a huge exhaust leak there and the crack spread. Just ordered the new carbon/Ti FMF system for it.

Yes, mine cracked as well and yes it went through the pipie causing a significant leak. I noticed a decrease in low end power. I went to my local dealer and they gave me some bogus story that they had to hear back fro Austria which might take a couple months to hear back if thay can warranty it. In the meantime, I ordered the FMF megabomb header.

I went to my local dealer and they gave me some bogus story that they had to hear back fro Austria

You need to contact KTM USA and they will inturn contact the dealer of your choice, send the part to them, where you then pick the part up at the choice dealer and put it on.

Jason