Power Suggestions?

I currently ride a 05 400sm with Full pipe, 3x3 mod, k&n filter and jetted

I want to get a little more power out of the bike. i cant even get the front tire off the ground in second (when im sitting in my forward position and not clutching up)

I dont think i want to go big bore because I dont want to lose the stock reliablilty.

i was thinking about fcr 39 carb, and base gasket from an E motor, then re-jetting.

Do you think i will be happy with the power increase? maybe go up a tooth in the rear? dont wanna lose a lot of highway speed though

let me know your thoughts

nick

Get the FCR. your throttle response will improve greatly (you will feel it on your butt dyno).

Secondly, A good BB kit isnt going to be any less reliable than stock. Just make sure you have a quality piston (cp is best, JE, wiesco ,and others are ok though too). Also make sure that the bore is fitted to your exact piston. you will want to measure this yourself to be sure when u recieve your kit. I highly reccomend mellinium tech for all your boring and plating needs. send them you stock cylinder and your new 94mm piston and they will bore and plate the cyl for your exact piston.

In short..just get the 39mm FCR. In a few months if you want more power you can buy a piston and put togeather a nice BB motor.

-Dan

You can pick up some power with a better pipe (SSW Edition MRD or Yosh Ti), otherwise the FCR carb is the next step. If you're going to do the base gasket you might as well do the big bore at the same time. The procedure is the same and you really don't lose any reliability.

Not just any old yosh pipe...it has to be the Yosh TI. Other option is a MRD/SSW.

So ive read in like 39274239 other threads haha. i dont really like the look of thge mrd, prob gunna be picking up a yosh ti and fcr carb in the next couple weeks ?