IT'S LIVE! Full Review 2019 Honda CRF450L!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Valve Stem Nut (torn tube)- Where to Find Rubber Replacement???

I have recently experienced my first flat due to a torn valve stem and learned not to tighten down the valve stem nut (YZ). However, when I run with it loose I can see that some dirt / sand is making its way into my rim. I have heard that Honda's come stock with a rubber washer or something, but I am not sure what this is. Can anyone help me with my following questions:

1) What is the Honda / other product that I should buy to correct this issue? Pic?

2) Is it a rubber valve stem that I need or simple a rubber washer of some sorts that goes over the top of the valve without removing the tube?

Appreciate the help!

Don't worry about it. The tube seals up the hole on the inside. no real way for dirt to get in.

You can order the Honda seal from the dealer, it is just a grommet thing that presses over the valve stem.

Rocky mountain sells them for $3 per pair. "tusk rubber valve support"

As stated, rocky mountain sells them, so does outlaw racing (in a few different colors). My dealer sells Yamaha and Honda, so I always just bought the Honda part and used it on my Yamaha's for many years up until they became available aftermarket.

Don't worry about it. The tube seals up the hole on the inside. no real way for dirt to get in.

You can order the Honda seal from the dealer, it is just a grommet thing that presses over the valve stem.

This^^

- - Or just use a dab of silicone seal.