2012 250sx

its got a linkage. check out ktm.com pics of all the new bikes

KTM is kicking out the Jams and dethroning the japanese. Thanks for the heads up about the photos. RAd. The 250sx with linkage weights 211 pounds without fuel, still light. And they upgraded there forks. Looking like my next bike.

MSRP on the 2012 250SX????

From a pure motocross racing standpoint, i do think KTM was smart in making this change to the rear suspension. Since it is in most peoples minds a superior design to a no-link setup. Since ground clearance is typically not a concern on the track, a link style suspension has no drawbacks to the PDS other than a 'bit' more maintanance to keep everything working smoothly. In the minds of many, the pds is an inferior design. This way of thinking has without a doubt kept some of the MX crowd away from an amazing machine for unjust reasons. So yes, from a marketing standpoint, the link rear end will now satisfy those people. As far as off road bikes such as xc's. There is a REAL advantage to no-link. Clearance while crossing creaks, logs, large rocks, and other natural terrain does create an obstacle for the low hanging link. While giving water and moisture the chance to become trapped inside the linkage collars, bearing races etc. The no-link is a snap to maintain for this this type of environment. The new 2012 250sx looks to be an absolutely amazing, building off of an already proven powerplant. KTM has definately nailed the market in all aspects of off road riding. Awesome is the only word that described this companys commitment to the consumer. I recently sold my nice, but very heavy and cumbersom 04 wr450f. Now, i'm debating heavily on selling my yz250. This along with some savings determination may allow me to at some point get one of these great machines and finally give the Jap brands the boot. Cause they are failing in many big ways. I hope KTM can keep pricing close to last years $6,499 mspr and import more than 2011. This bike will surely be a great seller for them as it should satisfy nearly everyones wants in a total MX package. Kudos KTM.........:smirk:

thought for a second we were getting the 125 again, but no go for the US.

tucker, I believe you hit the nail pretty much square on the head. :smirk:

Now a KTM will be in my future instead of a TM!

put deposit today, said 1st week august, 6300, otd!

put deposit today, said 1st week august, 6300, otd!

Dam good deal! How much are the deposits nowadays? $500?

Depends on the dealer...I put $100 refundable deposit on mine but another place wanted $500 non refundable.

Im so excited, ive already had my deposit down for a month, it might kill me to wait till august!

I wasn't expecting this linkage business, I'm going to call around and see what kind of deal I can get. I expect they will sell out fast...again...

Hopefully they import more of them this year. I know a few folks that ended up with 350sxf's because the dealership couldn't get them a 2smoke. I'm strongly considering getting rid of my yamaha and trying to track one down. I think the thought alone of not having to maintain valves would make me faster......LOL

Where's the DI fuel system???

I was just contacted by a dealership about the 2012's and they said the price went up to 6899 and that they are going to be in short supply again this year. This guy is only getting 2 units.

I was just contacted by a dealership about the 2012's and they said the price went up to 6899 and that they are going to be in short supply again this year. This guy is only getting 2 units.

They were $6669 last year correct?

Correct.

Am I missing something, I don't see the xc's, just sx's and exc's.

is the ktm 300 sx big bore kit still going to be avaible?

and as a side question, is the 350 big bore kit on th exc for 2 stroke or 4 puke enduro?

Where's the DI fuel system???

Where it belongs, not on dirt bikes!