Clutch installation problems 06 TE 250

Well while having my clutch out, my friend decided to pull the clutch lever. Now I'm trying to install the clutch and the pin that goes through hub all the way through the motor with the keyways on the end won't go all the way back in. Its like something isn't lining up right.The clutch lever has no tension on it at all. I was about to take the housing off the hydraulic clutch behind the sprocket cover but wanted some input first. Any ideas? Thanks

may have blown your slave cyl. with no load on it the piston stops on the snap ring, squeeze the lever and bang the slave piston blasts the snap ring and most times the slave into a broken part. the fluid dumps into your crankcase and you will find the pieces after removing the slave cylinder on the other end of your cluch side pushrod.....you may want to get a moto mech to work on your bike.

as robert said you probably have blown the slave piston out.dont feel too bad many have done this and they are only $125.dan

Where is the slave cylinder located? How can I tell if I blew it. Is $125 installed or are they easy to install? Thanks for your help. I might just take it to dealer. I'm going to call them tomorrow.

Left side of the bike just above the countershaft sprocket. You'll see the braided line coming down from the clutch to a banjo there. I think the price is just parts. But easy to install.

Great, I'll be ordering that tomorrow. I'll keep you posted once installed. Thanks for the info...

Great, I'll be ordering that tomorrow. I'll keep you posted once installed. Thanks for the info...

Don't feel bad. I just did the same thing - except when I had reassembled the clutch I thought I had all the parts in but turns out I had left off the push rod and "BANG" the lever pull destroyed the slave. No riding for me this weekend :ride:

I know the clutch master cylinder and clutch lever are the same for the SMR/TC/TE 450 and some KTMs, so maybe the slave cylinder is available at a KTM shop. I ask this because there isn't a husky shop anywhere near me and I'd love to ride tomorrow :ride:

Anyone know the part numbers to fix this?

I've said this many times before. So here it is again. When ever working on a Hydrolic clutch.

PUT AN EMPTY OIL BOTTLE BETWEEN THE CLUTCH BLADE AND HANDLE BAR. Just a wrap of tape will keep it in place.

Saves money everytime.

It's just a motorcycle thing grabbing the clutch, or twisting the throttle. It just happens. An uncontrolled reaction.

Later George

I've said this many times before. So here it is again. When ever working on a Hydrolic clutch.

PUT AN EMPTY OIL BOTTLE BETWEEN THE CLUTCH BLADE AND HANDLE BAR. Just a wrap of tape will keep it in place.

Saves money everytime.

It's just a motorcycle thing grabbing the clutch, or twisting the throttle. It just happens. An uncontrolled reaction.

Later George

Or if you run hand guards zip tie it forward tot he hand guard so it can't be pulled in.

Or if you run hand guards zip tie it forward tot he hand guard so it can't be pulled in.

Unfortunately that doesn't prevent the "being stupid and leaving out the guide rod" situation. :ride:

But yes, the zip tie is a good idea. I'm going to do that next time.