Sign in to follow this  

2012 kx450f... Its here

:smirk: Guess that old thread with the factory 2012, was right.

Im not a fan of the new side number plates, but love the shrouds. wonder if we can fit them onto the 09-11s?

:smirk: Guess that old thread with the factory 2012, was right.

Im not a fan of the new side number plates, but love the shrouds. wonder if we can fit them onto the 09-11s?

new frame so it wont be a bolt-on affair

The changes are impressive, i just dont get why Kawi doesn't make the bike look leaner, they do it with their street bikes too, it just doesn't seem to be a priority for them compared to the other brands, wish it was.

If the new clutch cover wears as quick as the 2011 model i wouldnt bother with one..lol...

Yamaha 450's are a similiar design, the purpose of those lines and raised lettering is to keep your boot out away from the rest of the cover so it doesnt rub all the paint off like previous years...

That explains why I got such a killer deal on my brand new 2011! I'm still happy though.

Whole new chassis. The ride reviews will be interesting. Really good marketing to go with the adjustable pegs and bars. Quick switch of power maps in the stock bike will help in reviews too. No more cannon out the back.

Any word on when these will be available? I'm considering purchasing a 2011, but if the 2012 will be released soon, I might wait and get one.

Dealer local said they should hit the showroom in October/Nov.... if that hlps

Any word on when these will be available? I'm considering purchasing a 2011, but if the 2012 will be released soon, I might wait and get one.

Perfect time to get a cheap '11...

Villopoto looked like he was shot out of a cannon last saturday. Now he's always been good at starts, but the way he pulled 2-3 bike lengths so quickly, That launch control certainly was not negatively effecting him.