Sign in to follow this  

2012 KXF's

Overview

No other bike in its class has spent more time on the AMA Supercross podium than the Kawasaki KX™250F. The race-proven technology of the quarter-liter motocross leader returns for 2012, but with added enhancements that give the KX250F even more usable power, increased durability, and the best-handling chassis yet.

As the KX250F continues to lead the way in stadiums, it also continues to win the favor of enthusiast publications, who repeatedly name it a gold standard in motocross machinery. The KX250F offers cutting-edge technology right off the showroom floor, to give riders the winning edge on the track. Along with the KX250F’s race-proven performance, no other production motocrosser offers as much adjustability, fine-tuning capabilities and rider customization when it comes to motor and suspension. Right off the production line, the KX250F gives a factory advantage to the privateer racer – the difference between scratching for a podium and dominating a championship.

For 2012, Kawasaki engineers sought to create a KX250F with even more impressive top-end performance, which they accomplished by equipping its Digital Fuel Injection (DFI®) system with a second fuel injector –a first for use on production motocross bikes– located near the airbox intake. The all-new “upstream” injector helps build a wider and more potent spread of power as rpm climbs. The two fine-mist atomizing injectors that feed the 250cc four-stroke powerplant are distinct in appearance with different body sizes, but deliver the same per-cycle capacity. Together, Kawasaki’s dual injectors pack a one-two punch, delivering a second dose of fuel on acceleration to increase the high-rpm power and overrev capabilities of the KX250F

Available Colors:

Lime Green - MSRP $7,399.00

Features

* Addition of second fuel injector helps build a wider spread of power

* Unique Separate Function Fork (SFF), just like the factory racers

* More robust high-rpm engine output extends deep into the overrev

* Increased spring rates on front and rear suspension aimed at race-level riders

* Thicker, more robust engine components boost reliability

* Smooth-shifting transmission offers even more positive fee

Humm double injectors two fuel lines, more things to diagnosis, I still wanna upgrade!!!!!!!!!!

The new 2012 KX250F has me drooling:goofy:......that bike looks awesome.........

Engine internals are stronger to help improve durability.

The KX250F gets dual fuel injectors for 2012 along with new suspension settings.

Kawasaki breaks cover on its Lites-class motocross bike with details on the 2012 Kawasaki KX250F. Team Green knows that winning in the 250F division requires racers and their machines to hold it wide open longer than any other. To give even better top-end performance, Kawasaki has added a second fuel injector for ’12 after switching to digital fuel injection (DFI) last year. The second injector is a different size than the original and now the 43mm Keihin throttle body adds extra fuel on acceleration to maximize high-rpm output. The throttle linkage opens more quickly after reaching 3/8 position. Kawasaki says the new injector also helps eliminate any bogs from heavy landings. To make the dual injector design work, Kawasaki reprogrammed the ECU, increased ignition power and altered the air boot. The DFI can be tuned with Kawasaki’s calibration kit which uses the same connector but updated software.

The four-stroke engine is still the 249cc, DOHC, four-valve Single we love, but Kawi beefed up the internals for better wear characteristics and longer durability. The crankshaft is more rigid and rebalanced with a connecting rod that has a thicker stem. Cylinder walls get new nickel plating and the bridged box-bottom piston is tin plated with a shorter piston pin. The decompression spring is tweaked for easier starting. The shift fork is now solid construction and has a shorter stroke.

Kawi’s Showa Separate Function Fork gets a boost in spring rate from 9.1 N/mm to 9.5 and the rebound spring is longer. On the opposite side of the triple clamp, the left fork leg contains updated valving to match the spring change. The shock gets a heavier spring also (51 vs. 53 N/mm) with new valving and tweaks to the compression damping restrictor and piston rod. The linkage gets a thinner tie-rod, and on top of all the suspension changes is a new seat.

Most of the changes are going to be difficult to discern on the showroom floor, but Kawi added som new graphics to spice things up and matched the blue anodized suspension adjusters with an oil filler cap and engine plugs. Kawasaki continues to push the envelope with production motocross bikes with the new dual injector design, which is an industry first. This is on the tail of 2011’s radical SFF – another first for production. With that, Kawasaki is proud to say that the KX250F offers more adjustability than any other bike in its class, and it’s a tough claim to argue. Racers looking to extract every ounce of performance from their machine without resorting to aftermarket companies for parts or service have more options to play with on the green 250F. Kawasaki has yet to release a price for the 2012 model, but it will be eligible for Team Green support at over 100 events as well as Kawasaki contingency.

From motorcycle-usa.com

Humm.. Wondering if I should have waited another year!! O well. My 2011 is still a B/A machine.. I'm wondering if I could add the second injector to solve the over rev issue.

^Could wait till it comes out and check into what it would take....or if it could be done...

I wonder if they will be hard to get.....or since sales are down.....would they deal with ya?

Looks pretty nice but nothing that would make me wanna throw away my 11 and get one.

I like that they have anadized blue oil filler cap and ignition timing plugs.

One of the first things I did to my 11 was powder coat those blue.

I think Kawi is trying to match the fit and finish you get from a KTM with a reliability unmatched by anyone.

Go Green team. Can't wait to read the magazine shootouts (I don't always trust them, but it always makes for a fun read).

If your looking to buy one, based on this year from what I saw when purchasing my 11, april was the cheapest. A lot of dealers in the 5299 range , most OTD for 5400-5500 ish, unless your paying sales tax. Regardless, I have 2 hours on my 11 that I bought last week and I wish I saw this sooner, because I would have probably held out and kept riding my other bike,2005 kx 125, and waited for the 2012. I hope to god that second injector could be rigged up to the 2011, but i'm sure theres a lot of ECU stuff. If it comes with the price of buying a 12 ECU and air box and injector, I'm not so sure its worth it. WOuld just sell and buy a 12. Damn, wish I had more money!!! darn toys.

launch control? on the 450....stall converter set up?

pig tail efi plug ins , damn , sweet, kind of like the cherry bomb idea...

peg postioning nice, and handle bar too....

Thanks for pointing out the 450 changes, I didnt even look. Also noticed the clutch cover on the 450 is designed somewhat similar to yamaha with the lines to keep your boots from rubbing the entire thing and wearing all the paint off. Good job to kawi for stepping up when everyone else is just changing graphics and doing as little as possible during bad times.

So I guess this means that the KX250F will get the tracking control device next year...sweet!

- no more crappy starts. :smirk:

RJM

Anyone else notice how heavy it is? 234 lbs. That's 30, yes 30 lbs heavier than my 2008 and even 2 lbs heavier than my 01 yz426f.

But then again, it looks like they made the big jump in weight in 2009 which was 230 lbs over the 204 lbs of the 2008.

I notice a huge difference in weight when switching between my 250f and the 426f. The 250f is so much easier to toss around.

Anyone else notice how heavy it is? 234 lbs. That's 30, yes 30 lbs heavier than my 2008 and even 2 lbs heavier than my 01 yz426f.

But then again, it looks like they made the big jump in weight in 2009 which was 230 lbs over the 204 lbs of the 2008.

I notice a huge difference in weight when switching between my 250f and the 426f. The 250f is so much easier to toss around.

Take note that 204lbs is the DRY weight of the 08, while the CURB weight of the 2012 is 234lbs. 1 gallon of gas is 8 pounds, and it's almost a 2 gallon tank, so that's another 16lbs on the 08, plus another 5 for oil and coolant. The 12 still weighs more, but not by much.

Gas is 6 lbs per gallon at 1.9 = 11.4 lbs

Oil is 7.5 lbs per gallon. 4 quarts per gallon. Bike holds 1.6 quarts. = 3 lbs

Throw in some radiator fluid and you ad about 1 lb

That is a 219 lb curb weight. The 4 year newer bike is still 15 lbs heavier. Hope it has 10 more hp stock.

The 250 has always been around 216 pounds. Ready to ride, no gas.

They seem to be weighing them WITH gas nowadays.