Sign in to follow this  

Going from MRD back to stock exhaust Jetting Question

Sad to say, but I am going to have to go back to stock exhaust from my awesome SSW/MRD exhaust. I have been getting lots of complaints from neighbors and the cops about the loudness. I love the exhaust system, but am going to have to cool it for a while.

Anyhow, Eddie, or anyone, can you tell me what my jetting should be going back to standard exhaust? The problem is that I have a BB kit, Cams, 3x3 mod, and TT FCR MX 39mm carb kit... and I don't see jetting recommendations for all mods with stock exhaust. 1,000 ft. above sea level, 80 degrees, ambient temp.

Any idea what effects I am going to have on my engine. Obviously it's going to reduce torque/hp. Any serious side effects that could harm the engine?

Thanks for your help!

Chris

im pretty sure you will lose hp but gain some torque

i just lost a load of torque goin from stock exhaust to the mrd

Nope...Lose, Lose.

Not ready to sell the pipe. I want to see how bad it runs with the stock exhaust. I love the MRD pipe. It is a well crafted piece of work.

I may put it back on at a later date, or I may end up selling it...

Chris

maybe you would like to "rent " it out for awhile... i am just up the road from you in findlay

Hoping after things cool down a bit, I can go back to the MRD. I live in a town of 5,000 people. And I have a heavy throttle hand.... So the fuzz has taken notice... I have already made a couple contributions to my local court system. Time to cool it for a bit :smirk:

i went from the MRD to the stock exhaust. the power loss wasnt that bad. the noise reduction was worth it

Its a bone stock E model with fcr39 carb. i wanted the quietest possible exhaust, so i got a S model exhaust for free, and it just makes daily riding that much more pleasant, in my opinion.

on a E model you are talking a couple hp peak. on his bike you are talking at least 5hp peak and probably 15 after.