Questions for Newbie To KLX 450

I just bought one. Love it so far. A few questions The AIS removal will that give it more power what are the advantages. What are some taller bars I can put on it. Im about 6 5" is there a riser block available. The chain is hella loud I read about putting rubber under the chain guard ?

JD Jetting I live in Utah high elevation riding its used so someone might have jetted it. Seems to run fine to me what will the JD needes and jets do..

Will that give it more power ?

Cheapest street legal kit I saw one in E-bay for 169.00 it might be a POS but I dont care once I pass the test I have two years care free.

Pipe insert I like the quiet sound will that add power or just make it loud.

Team Hudd Fogg.

I just bought one. Love it so far. A few questions The AIS removal will that give it more power what are the advantages. What are some taller bars I can put on it. Im about 6 5" is there a riser block available. The chain is hella loud I read about putting rubber under the chain guard ?

JD Jetting I live in Utah high elevation riding its used so someone might have jetted it. Seems to run fine to me what will the JD needes and jets do..

Will that give it more power ?

Cheapest street legal kit I saw one in E-bay for 169.00 it might be a POS but I dont care once I pass the test I have two years care free.

Pipe insert I like the quiet sound will that add power or just make it loud.

Team Hudd Fogg.

Welcome to team green! The AIS removal will not give it more power but it will help it run cooler and remove that annoying "pumping" sound. Check with your local DMV about whether it is required to pass emissions before you remove it.

About the exhaust, if you're referring to the PMB endcap insert, it WILL produce more flow and still maintain a quiet note to get you through emissions. I would do the "airbox" mod to balance the bike if it hasn't been done yet but I'm assuming it has if the previous owner installed a JD kit in it.

Next, there are bar-raisers available for this bike for the handlebars and shouldn't be hard to find on the web.

Regarding the chain, you have to run on the "tight" side of the slack scale to alleviate the "slap". It's an annoying problem we all deal with but not a big deal. Just make sure you check your slack with someone sitting on the bike because it will tighten up more if you do it with no load on the swingarm. Hope this helps:thumbsup:

Check out a set of "ROX-RISERS". I am 6'5" as well and about to pull the trigger on a pair. I currently have a 1.75" riser in but it closes the cockpit and i have to pitch the bars way forward to compensate and that just fux the geometry of the bar bend.