Sign in to follow this  

08 250sx or 08 250sxf for the woods? help!

hey guys im looking at trading my 08 250 sxf for an 08 250 sx i mainly ride woods... do u think i would notice a big differnce with the 2 st in the woods or should i just stick with my 4 st??

i dont know 2 much about 2 strokes so any help would be great thanks

well, you're posting in the 2-strokes room...

Do it! :smirk:

i know but i was hoping maybe i could get an honest un bias opinion ???

it is such a personal preference thing. some folks simply like 4 strokes better than 2 strokes and vice versa. I have owned both and would choose the SX any day. Way more power, very tunable power delivery, a lot less weight and maintenance. I hated changing 2 oil filters on my SXF and the frequent oil changes. The SX just floats thru the woods. It loves to come off the ground and just a blip of throttle gets ya thru stuff that you have to plow thru with the F. The 250F is fun, but doesn't have near the power or tunability of the SX.

simple, efficient, and lightweight. SX....

or should i gom with an 06 250 sx and an extra $1500 in my pocket

whats the main diffence between the 06 and 08 250 sx

or should i gom with an 06 250 sx and an extra $1500 in my pocket

whats the main diffence between the 06 and 08 250 sx

completely different chassis' and worth it for the 08, IMHO. Much better handling, susp, power delivery. They are both used, however, and I wouldn't buy a clapped out 08 over a nice low hour 06. You will just have to figure in what you think will need to be done, serviced once you buy it. The 06 should have more hours, more wear, so bearings, susp, bottom end, all or part could need replacing or serviced. With used bikes, you will just have to compare them individually. Aside from all that, I would rather have the 08 if all else is the same.

get the '08 250sx, have the suspension set up for you and the woods you ride in, buy some basic protection and never look back!

My '10 250sx is the best bike i have owned so far.

thanks for the help guys... thinkin' im gonna keep my 08sx it only has 15hrs on it anyways throw on a few protection parts a bingo!!

what are you doing for gearing?

and fww ?oz?

My gearing is stock and i don't run a flywheel weight. I run the green power valve spring and a g2 throttle cam with the 300 cam in it. When i was thinking about getting an SX i figured i would have to get a FWW and possibly re-gear, maybe even get an auto clutch, but so far i haven't found a need for those things. The bike runs down so low that i think it may stall but i just roll the throttle on and it just keeps going. I am very happy with the bike so far.

i know but i was hoping maybe i could get an honest un bias opinion ???

:smirk::lol::smirk: