Sign in to follow this  

Lucas oil

Does anyone run lucas semi-synthetic premix? It's so cheap compared to the other stuff I"m thinking about giving it a try @ 40:1 maybe 32:1.

I've used it in my old POS bikes, seemed ok but didn't put a whole lot of hours on them. I'm personally not a big believer in the Lucas products but the mix oil seemed ok. I use Ipone or Amsoil in my bikes now.

I've been running it in three bikes now (85 and 125 @ 32:1 and 250 @ 40:1) since November. Very good results so far compared to Yamalube 2R, which I have been using for years and years. The bikes all run the same as they did with 2R, and the 85 produces a little less spooge when run in the woods (the jetting is a little "fat" on that bike as my son has a heavy throttle hand). Not a great exhaust smell, but better than the "burnt plastic" smell of 2R, and better than whatever gas those 4 stroke guys run! No plug fouling, unusual smoking or weird drippings from PV parts.

The real results will come upon inspection at top-end time, but I don't expect any problems. There are also several threads about Lucas premix oil on KTMtalk. Last time I looked, all reports were positive.

One thing for sure--the Lucas oil is so cheap at autoparts stores, it won't take long to save some pretty serious money (like enough to buy a top-end!). It's less than half the price of some other oils.

I run Lucas in the street pingers............. though they all have auto injection.

Prefer MC1 for pre-mix.................. it smells so nice.

Lucas sponsers a butt-load of off-road racing and they do produce good lubricants, so why not fund the cause and purchase their products.

I'll usually grab a Red Bull or a Monster drink when I have one of those unusual cravings (help fund MX and F1).

Sounds good I'll give it a try, and since lucas is involved in a lot of racing events and its made in the usa another reason to support them.

Does anyone know where I can find some on the westcoast; San Diego? Someone mentioned auto parts store, maybe a kragen or pepboys? I ask because I havent been able to find any yet.

Does anyone know where I can find some on the westcoast; San Diego? Someone mentioned auto parts store, maybe a kragen or pepboys? I ask because I havent been able to find any yet.

iv seen lucus premix in pepboys, kragen, and i think auto zone but not positive on autozone.

Kragen-O'Reilly Auto Parts store sells for about $6.00

Kragen-O'Reilly Auto Parts store sells for about $6.00

I get it at O'Reilly's around here. Works great and I mix it 50:1. Auto Zone also has it here but only in the tiny bottles.

Thanks. I'll probably change over to Lucas oil from Yamalube the next go around. Why not support a company so involved in motocross.