What years are the "black engines"?

I have a cr125 water cooled bottom end that i am in need of a complete cylinder for. Whats years were honda water cooled engines black? I am thinking this motor is an 89-91 or 91-93. Something like that. Could someone help me out here or provide me with some helpfull links? Thanks alot

Check the stickies section above, the bottom one has the links to the motoera pages that are pretty accurate. Helped me out with the CR80/CR85s.

Jim

i looked in the honda bible and it shows black motors from 82-94. If you post engine number i can tell you what year it is according to the bible

Well, for the CR125, the cases were black through 94, then in 95 they were silver. Not sure if you're interested in the cylinder color too, though. They used to be black, but switched over to silver somewhere around late 80's/early 90's, I think.

The engine number is:

JE01E

i looked in the honda bible and it shows black motors from 82-94. If you post engine number i can tell you what year it is according to the bible

I don't remember my 94 CR250 having a black motor. I think maybe 87 was the last year.

1990 accorrding to oem-cycle

ok, thanks for the info uneasy. Could someone now help me out and tell me what year cylinders will fit on this engine? If your not 100% sure then don't just guess. I am in need of a complete cylinder. Power valves, head, everything that bolts to the cylinder i need

what part of black?

my 1994 had a black from the factory. the only parts NOT black were the cylinder UP.

1995 had raw aluminum "bottom end" with a gray plastic ignition cover.

chris<pixelmonkey>:smirk:

definately a 90 according to the bible