Sign in to follow this  

No Fork Pressure

Hi all!

I bought a new CRF450X this year and after every ride I relieve the accumulated air pressure on the fork with the front wheel off the ground. But the last couple of rides when removing the pressure screws no air comes out like it used to :smirk:

I wonder if this is bad... The seals are kept clean and there's no evidence of fork leaking.

Also, the user manual calls for a break-in fork oil change but I never did it... is it important?

Hi all!

I bought a new CRF450X this year and after every ride I relieve the accumulated air pressure on the fork with the front wheel off the ground. But the last couple of rides when removing the pressure screws no air comes out like it used to :smirk:

I wonder if this is bad... The seals are kept clean and there's no evidence of fork leaking.

Also, the user manual calls for a break-in fork oil change but I never did it... is it important?

You won't always have air build up in the forks to release.

Stock fluids (all of them) are marginal at best. Changing the fork oil is a good idea, but it won't cause any issues. The forks will work better with quality fluids.