Sign in to follow this  

HELP!! ssw monster build or my zx9r

Hi every one. I know this isn't really the place to do this but I'm really suck on what to do. Here i have my 2000 zx9r, completely rebuilt. Every thing has been changed, every washer bearing gasket nut bolt screw cabs calipers forks the lot. New plastics and every thing from Kawasaki, hel lines, pro bolt stuff all over it, frame powder coated black etc etc.

http://photobucket.com/mamsp

Now my prolem is, do i sell this beauty and send my engine to eddy for the full works or just keep this?

Thanks for any advice and surport. :smirk:

only you can answer this for yourself,Its preference, looks, how and where you ride..I don't ride freeway often. i personally grew out of sportbikes after owning 4, even a cherried 07 r1 wasnt doing it for me, don't know why the SM does it for me.

only you can answer this for yourself,Its preference, looks, how and where you ride..I don't ride freeway often. i personally grew out of sportbikes after owning 4, even a cherried 07 r1 wasnt doing it for me, don't know why the SM does it for me.

See thats my problem. I've had my drz s from new (06) and i only really used it for green lanes and the odd enduro only 2378 miles on it. I've always had 2 or 3 sports bikes as well. My z's got hot cams, tt fcr and a yosh rs3. Hagon springs and shock, so it sits hight and hardish, just how i like it off road, well last summer i got supermoto wheels for it and i haven't been able to keep off it. Now i want more power so i thought just go for the lot but. Wifey says i can't keep wasting money on bikes so either the zx9r's gotta go or it all stays as it is.

this is why exactly why i won't marry!! if it makes you happy, its not being wasted!

Looks like you have had your fair share of fun on the sport bikes right? Why not sell it off for someone else tO enjoy. What's the worst that could happen?.......buy another one later one. Build your drz. It will be a worth whIle. It's time to unleash the beast that's within the Z!

Looks like you have had your fair share of fun on the sport bikes right? Why not sell it off for someone else tO enjoy. What's the worst that could happen?.......buy another one later one. Build your drz. It will be a worth whIle. It's time to unleash the beast that's within the Z!

The worst, i'll miss my ninja. I love that bike, dare i say, more than my wife maybe even kids, lol. Only joking about the kids. :smirk:

I spent so much time effort and money on it to make it perfect. I do really wanna do my drz thou and have done for a long time. This is a good advert on why you shouldn't marry. I'll stop moaning now.

Keep working on the wife... don't give up. Tell her it's absolutely this last penny you'll spend... even though it isn't... You must keep both bikes!!! I have a 440 DRZ and an FZ1 and am a happy camper!

If you think a full power DRZ can replace a sport bike in every way but top speed you are just another one of the brainwashed lemmings.

There is a big difference between 180km/h and 180/mph. There is also a big difference in how long it takes to reach that speed.

I love my DRZ but it will never, EVER replace my 1200cc sport-touring bike. Both get regular use... but for different purposes.

l would never ride two up on a DRZ for any length of time. l would never take a DRZ to anything other than a go-kart or supermoto racetrack if racing were my thing. There are limitations to all machines.

Even on this site l have seen the comment "there is no replacement for displacement". You're in Oz.... l would far prefer to ride a big bike long distances than a small one, especially if l am carrying someone.

l have two bikes... because l can. Some have only one. Some have dozens.

To each their own.

Mate I wasn't bagging out any type of bike. I love all bikes and would want one of each if I could. And i especially love my E. And it ain't no super retard go kart track racer.

U seemed to have read into my comment a bit much. Bit up tight.

All good Seemus. Sorry if l went off a bit. Not uptight but get a little wound up sometimes when l read comments that seem to place the DRZ beyond reproach. This IS a DRZ forum though so l should expect it, really.

l'm a big fan of my DRZ too. Would love to blow it out to 462 like you have but can't justify the $3,000 to take it there. If l did maybe l wouldn't want to ride my big bike much anymore :smirk:

Keep working on the wife... don't give up. Tell her it's absolutely this last penny you'll spend... even though it isn't... You must keep both bikes!!! I have a 440 DRZ and an FZ1 and am a happy camper!

I like your style. I've already sold my r1 track bike coz i wanted a new truck, i used that line then, no good, she wants things like new bathrooms and a re- deck. She's a bit selfish like that, lol.

Sport bike can't do it all. Neither can a full power DRZ

Keep them both.

Sell the wife :smirk:

If only, i'd be a happy man then. You right, neither can do both and i love them both!!

I love my R1's...both of them.

I love my DRZ too.

But none of them can do it all, so I'd suggest holding out, putting the money together, and getting the Deezer built whilst keeping the Ninja!

The Ninja and the DRZ are 2 totally different things.

Keep both, AND send your engine to Eddie.

A totally pimped engine in the DRZ makes it 3 times more fun.