Sign in to follow this  

2006 RMZ 450. Opinions?

I have an 06 and love it. Only gripe is the 4 speed tranny but you get used to it and its convenient in some situations. Buy it and see how low you can get in corners! crazy low.. :smirk:

Buy it. Awesome bike. Tear it down to the frame and grease everything, check the valves, and keep an eye on your coolant level. Don't be lazy! start fresh and keep up on the maintenance and it will take great care of you, too!

Buy it. Awesome bike. Tear it down to the frame and grease everything, check the valves, and keep an eye on your coolant level. Don't be lazy! start fresh and keep up on the maintenance and it will take great care of you, too!

+1 for greasing everything!! I got a used 07 a few months ago and this week the suspension seized up. I'm guessing sitting on the back of my car driving across the country was the last straw for it. Anyway, took the linkage apart and all the bearings are SHOT. I mean like not recognizable, piles of rust. Definitely get some grease on yours to keep the water out if it isn't too late.