Sign in to follow this  

2008 rmz 450?

im looking at buying a used 08 rmz 450. it has the 09 ECM and 09 cases. but i know the previous owner and he said it needed the top end rebuilt and that if you really get on the throttle the bike will hit a false neutral. i also know 2 other people with the same problem on the same bike. anyone else have this problem? is it an easy fix? they want $4000 for it. is it worth that much? thanks

I have the same bike and I haven't had a problem. It has 30 hrs. on it and runs like a champ. No false neutral, and they shouldn't need a top end unless it has a ton of hrs. on it or it wasn't taken care of. Don't get me wrong, they are great bikes and I would not part with mine,but for $4000 you should be able to find one that is almost new. I got mine last year for that price with 3 hrs. on it and $1500 in extra's. Look around.

it has been raced and has alot of hours on it. it was taken care of, he changed the oil every 8 hours and oil filter every ride. it has some extras. but if they wont come down on there price im not goin to buy it. im mostly just worried there is something wrong with the tranny

it has been raced and has alot of hours on it. it was taken care of, he changed the oil every 8 hours and oil filter every ride. it has some extras. but if they wont come down on there price im not goin to buy it. im mostly just worried there is something wrong with the tranny

Stay away from that bike. I change my oil and filter every 5 hrs. with expensive oil. That bike sounds clapped out and they will never get near that kind of money. Keep looking, you will find a good deal. For another grand you could probably pick up a new left over 09 They are all good bikes so don't limit yourself, and that is coming from a Suzuki guy.

I would stay away fom any bike with a known tranny problem and needs a top end. You could be looking at big bucks. A brand new leftover 08 just sold up this way for $4400

Yes,

8 hours interval voor mx is too long. What intervals did he do on his air filters? Also 8 hours?

I change filters every ride.

Stay away from that bike.

Yup Im with everybody on this one too...Hell Ive changed my oil somtimes after 1 race.. and no false neutral here.. Get on craigslist and look around. I found a 09 back in Jan (i know its 5 months ago) and they wanted 4500 with RG3 clamps, FC susp, linkage, full motor mods, solid chain and sprokets, good tires,,,etc... and had him talked down to 4200... So there out there... Dnt give up if your wanting a Suzuki.